This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog 3 volte not functioning after update android 12 (31.0210.0210.230) not rooted

peysal92
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

209 REPLIES 209

mickey10021
Rising Star II
I think they use the wrong whitelist for VoLTE stuff from Zenfone 7. They need to replace it to the correct one

dgw
Star III
Same issue on T-Mobile US with US variant ROG Phone 3. No VoLTE support on Android 12.
Outbound calls seem to work via fallback to 3G/H+ if that signal is available, but those days are numbered. We're already past the shutdown date T-Mobile announced for 3G service (July 1).
Testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*) shows "VoLTE provisioned" as a disabled toggle switch. VoLTE worked under Android 11.

SapphireComet
Star III
I also came to complain about the same issue. I have AT&T as my carrier. Once I updated to Android 12 my phone stopped being able to send or receive calls.

If ASUS does not fix this issue I will be moving to another brand for my next phone. I came to ASUS because they gave me all that I wanted. Now it seems I might leave because they can't do the most basic of things

ASUS removing VolTE capabilities for the Android 12 update is just pure incompetence. There is no other way of putting it.

jin_akira
Rising Star I
SapphireComet

I also came to complain about the same issue. I have AT&T as my carrier. Once I updated to Android 12 my phone stopped being able to send or receive calls.

If ASUS does not fix this issue I will be moving to another brand for my next phone. I came to ASUS because they gave me all that I wanted. Now it seems I might leave because they can't do the most basic of things

ASUS removing VolTE capabilities for the Android 12 update is just pure incompetence. There is no other way of putting it.

View post
I don't think removing the Volte feature was done deliberately, because if they really didn't bother they wouldn't even pursue Android 12. Risks of unexpected bugs in new updates are always there, happens with other brands as well. Hopefully the mods can expedite this issue and get the team to circulate the fix soon

Natorious1776
Star III
jin_akira

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218839#Comment_218839

I don't think removing the Volte feature was done deliberately, because if they really didn't bother they wouldn't even pursue Android 12. Risks of unexpected bugs in new updates are always there, happens with other brands as well. Hopefully the mods can expedite this issue and get the team to circulate the fix soon

View post
Seems correct, I hope this get noticed asap by someone who can fix this. Not having phone functionality is a critical issue and needs fixed immediately!