Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the screenpad+ on my Zenbook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582

Spaghetti
Star I
System: Windows 11 Home Insider preview
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX582,11th gen i9, RTX 3060, 32 GB RAM
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime I try to move a program window from screenpad+ to the main display.
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
img-20220614-080749.jpg
I have had this laptop for a few months now and while the screen is nice and bright and the dual screens do help me with productivity, the overall experience has been a little underwhelming due to the issues with the screenpad+
Out of the box, the screenpad+ worked absolutely fine and was fairly simple to use but recently I've started to have a few issues with it. The first issue was that all of the touch input on the screenpad+ was registering as a touch input for the main screen so basically every time I would use touch or the pen on the screenpad, instead of working on it autonomously it started selecting things on the main display. I could work on the screenpad with a mouse but as soon as I'd use touch input it would automatically translate to inputs for the main display rather than the screenpad+
One of the newer issues I've had with the dual screen setup is that, the screens provided distinct layout options for the different screens when I first used it. When dragging a window from the main display to the screenpad, I would get an option to either expand the window along both displays or I could just use the predefined layout options for the different screens to create a balanced spread of programs. But, suddenly these options have disappeared and when I drag a program window from one screen to the other i no longer get those different layout options unique to the two displays, I also don't get the option to expand a window across both displays like I used to when i first used this laptop. Instead of getting an arrow and a cross i now get two options that show the screen number but have the same layout options which doesn't make any sense as the displays have different dimensions. Sometimes, even when there is nothing on the screenpad, it makes a sound and shows an animation that suggests that there's an invisible window there.
I've documented all this in the pictures and videos and after reaching out to Asus customer care and not getting any solutions, this is the last resort. I spent a fortune on this system and I do not know what caused this. I thought of reinstalling windows using the Reset PC section in the settings but I'm afraid if that will also delete all the pre-installed Asus programs like MyAsus, GlideX, Screenpad softwares, etc.
I would appreciate any help 😞
Thank you sooooo much for your time.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Spaghetti
  1. System: Windows 11 Home Insider preview
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: UX582,11th gen i9, RTX 3060, 32 GB RAM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Everytime I try to move a program window from screenpad+ to the main display.
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

img-20220614-080749.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/P4DMLH883F4L/vid-20220614-080825.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/V65HRTI8XXG1/vid-20220614-081026.mp4

I have had this laptop for a few months now and while the screen is nice and bright and the dual screens do help me with productivity, the overall experience has been a little underwhelming due to the issues with the screenpad+

Out of the box, the screenpad+ worked absolutely fine and was fairly simple to use but recently I've started to have a few issues with it. The first issue was that all of the touch input on the screenpad+ was registering as a touch input for the main screen so basically every time I would use touch or the pen on the screenpad, instead of working on it autonomously it started selecting things on the main display. I could work on the screenpad with a mouse but as soon as I'd use touch input it would automatically translate to inputs for the main display rather than the screenpad+

One of the newer issues I've had with the dual screen setup is that, the screens provided distinct layout options for the different screens when I first used it. When dragging a window from the main display to the screenpad, I would get an option to either expand the window along both displays or I could just use the predefined layout options for the different screens to create a balanced spread of programs. But, suddenly these options have disappeared and when I drag a program window from one screen to the other i no longer get those different layout options unique to the two displays, I also don't get the option to expand a window across both displays like I used to when i first used this laptop. Instead of getting an arrow and a cross i now get two options that show the screen number but have the same layout options which doesn't make any sense as the displays have different dimensions. Sometimes, even when there is nothing on the screenpad, it makes a sound and shows an animation that suggests that there's an invisible window there.

I've documented all this in the pictures and videos and after reaching out to Asus customer care and not getting any solutions, this is the last resort. I spent a fortune on this system and I do not know what caused this. I thought of reinstalling windows using the Reset PC section in the settings but I'm afraid if that will also delete all the pre-installed Asus programs like MyAsus, GlideX, Screenpad softwares, etc.

I would appreciate any help 😞

Thank you sooooo much for your time.

Problems with the screenpad+ on my Zenbook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582
@Spaghetti
Please try to use ScreenPad2 Optimizer for correction.
Click here to download ScreenPad Optimizer.
Note: This tool will be able to correct the ScreenPad 2.0 resolution, rotation, ScreenPad 2.0 abnormal display, and ScreenPad 2.0 cannot operate,in order to ensure the operation of ScreenPad 2.0.
For details, please refer to the following.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly o...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.