cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Broke ROG Phone 3

Aerevyr
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3 (Strix version I believe)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0210.0210.230
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent (no variation)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Updating to latest Firmware Version the Phone app immediately "Call Ended" upon dialing a number, with the exception of emergency services (911) takes about 30 seconds but begins to ring.
Incoming Calls go straight to voicemail.
VoLTE option is not found in settings except in the "STATUS BAR ICON MANAGER" section where I can choose to have it display in the status bar (it doesn't display)
I have :
- Restarted the Phone
- Shutdown and Turned back on the Phone
- Enabled, waited up to 30 minutes, and Disabled Airplane mode multiple times (dozen+)
- Factory Reset the phone
- Installed Alternate launchers
- Gone through support with my Carrier (no issues on their end the SIM and everything works perfectly fine in non-ASUS-Android 12 phones)
47 REPLIES 47

legendhilife
Star II
I too are having this same issue on my rog3. Once I updated to Android 12. Can't make or receive call.

dgw
Star III
T-Mobile US with US variant ROG Phone 3, same problem. No VoLTE support on Android 12.
Outbound calls seem to work via fallback to 3G/H+ if that signal is available, but those days are numbered. We're already past the shutdown date T-Mobile announced for 3G service (July 1).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
havent tried VoLTE, but seems like VoLTE support has suffered for some.

SapphireComet
Star III
Came here to confirm that I am suffering from similar issues.