This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the heat sensor on my Zenbook Pro UX501VW?

yamaisner
Star I
System: Windows 10 home 64
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook Pro UX501NW
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice regarding my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop. It seems that the laptop fans lost the ability to regulate their velocity. Every time I turn on the laptop, after a couple of minutes the fans start working at full speed and they don’t stop unless I close all applications and the screen turns off. The CPU and GPU at normal temperatures (Between 30c to 50c most of the time).. My suspicion is that this problem is because of a malfunctioning heat sensor that controls the fans. I thought of replacing the fans but before I do that, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me if there is a heat sensor that controls the fans in the fans? Or is it in the motherboard and therefore replacing the fans wont help, unless I replace the motherboard. These are the things I tried so far to see if I could fix this issue: Physically cleaning the laptop fans and changing thermal paste. Updating and resetting BIOS, deleting partitions and performing a clean windows installation, updating windows, reinstalling drivers, virus/malware scans and the laptop is on a well ventilated station.

I would really appreciate any information on the topic.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
yamaisner

Thank you @Falcon_ASUS , do you think that changing the fans might help?

View post
@yamaisner
Replacing the fan should help. However, this laptop is an earlier model, and it may be difficult to find replacement parts. You may also need to consider the cost of replacement parts.

yamaisner
Star I
Thank you @Falcon_ASUS , as you mentioned I couldn't find an original replacement fan for this model. I wonder if it's possible to adapt a generic fan or one from another model. If you think that might work I'll appreciate any suggestions. In any case i appreciate your help, thank you. (There is some kind of bug here and I can't erase this user mention, sorry i tried :@fabricioceschin)

Falcon_ASUS
yamaisner

Thank you @Falcon_ASUS , do you think that changing the fans might help?

View post
@yamaisner
From my standpoint, I may not be able to give you advice on replacing other model's fan, because it has not been tested. Maybe you can try asking the service center if the repair center still has parts for the fan.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

yamaisner
Star I
Thank you @Falcon_ASUS I already contacted them and they said that the fans for this model are no longer being produced.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.