This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode

alexweiheng7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.
I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.
I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.
right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.
51 REPLIES 51

dron39
Rising Star II
Have no idea. First time they changed motherboard. Second time display. Have no idea why they changed display, but my problem has gone after that.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
dron39

Have no idea. First time they changed motherboard. Second time display. Have no idea why they changed display, but my problem has gone after that.

View post
You sure It has gone? My ZF8 without service intervention can work ok for a week then echo strikes listener again🤦

dron39
Rising Star II
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218573#Comment_218573

You sure It has gone? My ZF8 without service intervention can work ok for a week then echo strikes listener again🤦

View post
Yes. Initially I had echo in speaker mode and with bluetoth audio in my car. After first repair (replace of motherboard) problem with echo in car gone, but remained in speaker mode. After second repair all problems with echo definitely gone away.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
dron39

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218641#Comment_218641

Yes. Initially I had echo in speaker mode and with bluetoth audio in my car. After first repair (replace of motherboard) problem with echo in car gone, but remained in speaker mode. After second repair all problems with echo definitely gone away.

View post
What kind of echo you faced? You were hearing echo, or the other side (the listener was hearing echo)?

dron39
Rising Star II
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218734#Comment_218734

What kind of echo you faced? You were hearing echo, or the other side (the listener was hearing echo)?

View post
For me after purchase, after first repair and now after second repair everything were always good. Only other side were complaining each time I use phone in my car or on speaker mode.
It was every time that listener on the other side was listening himself, echo and strange robotic voices whn I switched call on "speaker" mode or use it in my car o BT Audio before first repair).