This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

Mattias_ASUS
Good day everyone!
So I got some responses from the R&D team and I need you to try a couple of things.
From the logs we got the devices triggered an auto-calibration to avoid stains, which might have caused an issue.
1) Check screen protector is used and if it is covering the Proximity-Sensor location (Per Picture). Remove screen protector if applicable.
2) Clean the P-sensor location if oily or dirty. Use a lightly damp microfiber cleaning cloth with a few drops of water.
The sensor itself is located here
Please update me if it produces any changes.
image.png

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS

1: I don't have any protective glass on the screen. I only have the original case on the back panel. The case does not cover the sensor.
2: My screen is always clean.

This is not the answer that we expected

dron39
Rising Star II
The same for me. It worked fine on Android 11. Don't know what happened on Android 12, but it seems that it's triggered on lower distance than before.
By the way on direct light (lamp or sun) this sensor is clearly seen. No need to use any objects. 🙂

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS
Any news ?

If the screen blacks out randomly, you may want to check your screen protector if you’re using one. If you placed the screen protector on the proximity sensor, it will interfere with it.