This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade from a version to another?

AlexS97
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.174
Rooted or not: Not.
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I have version WW-30.41.69.174 (latest Android 11) now and I would like to downgrade to WW-30.41.69.140 or WW-30.41.69.89 because these were the best versions for performance, it didn't underclock the cpu at all, it stayed at 3.1Ghz even after 1 hour of playing, it was in maximum performance all the time. In the latest versions (from WW-30.41.69.143 and above) in absolutely any game, the processor does not exceed 1Ghz (what's the point to have sd 865+ and have worse performance in games than a sd 845?), so I want to put the older software and keep it until I change the phone in a few years. I don't want to update to Android 12 because it doesn't bring anything new and the interface seems very ugly to me (Quick Settings panel especially).
So how do I downgrade? Do I download that version from asus.com, put it in the internal storage and it downgrade itself, that's all? I know how to downgrade from android 11 to 10, but from android 11 newer version to android 11 older version how to proceed? Will I lose my data?
Screenshot with the cpu frequency in games in all verions from WW-30.41.69.143 to WW-30.41.69.174
bf10ef06-1de5-436a-b04c-3bb4ffd62112.jpg

Thank you in advance!😄

11 REPLIES 11

ktw
Rising Star II
I think there's a tool called ASUS Flash Tool, which is like an older tool for flashing Zenfones. Maybe try that?

slimghost
Rising Star I
alexandru.sarau

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.174
  3. Rooted or not: Not.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hi, I have version WW-30.41.69.174 (latest Android 11) now and I would like to downgrade to WW-30.41.69.140 or WW-30.41.69.89 because these were the best versions for performance, it didn't underclock the cpu at all, it stayed at 3.1Ghz even after 1 hour of playing, it was in maximum performance all the time. In the latest versions (from WW-30.41.69.143 and above) in absolutely any game, the processor does not exceed 1Ghz (what's the point to have sd 865+ and have worse performance in games than a sd 845?), so I want to put the older software and keep it until I change the phone in a few years. I don't want to update to Android 12 because it doesn't bring anything new and the interface seems very ugly to me (Quick Settings panel especially).

So how do I downgrade? Do I download that version from asus.com, put it in the internal storage and it downgrade itself, that's all? I know how to downgrade from android 11 to 10, but from android 11 newer version to android 11 older version how to proceed? Will I lose my data?

Screenshot with the cpu frequency in games in all verions from WW-30.41.69.143 to WW-30.41.69.174

Thank you in advance!😄

See the instructions in the 1st screenshot. Actually in the official support page you will see a downgrade file from 12 to 11 also. I will recommend you strongly to use the file from the official suport page, not from the link in the bellow screenshot, the link it is mostly to make you understand what you will have to do. Cheers!
screenshot-20220710-113856124.jpg
screenshot-20220710-114044407.jpg

slimghost
Rising Star I
alexandru.sarau

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.174
  3. Rooted or not: Not.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Thank you in advance!😄

as a note, because I forgot to write this in the above reply, once you've downgraded to 10, easily you can download the desired update version for the Android 10 from the official support page. As an advice (not mandatory :)) ) , once the downgrade it is installed, go to the Settings and uncheck the automatic system updates (it will be annoying later :)) ) , but no worries, even after and when the upgrade this time to the desired update version of Android 10 being installed and the automatic updates unchecked if may see occuring another update notification, it can be easily manually removed . Cheers!

AlexS97
Star III
slimghost

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61911/how-to-downgrade-from-a-version-to-another

as a note, because I forgot to write this in the above reply, once you've downgraded to 10, easily you can download the desired update version for the Android 10 from the official support page. As an advice (not mandatory :)) ) , once the downgrade it is installed, go to the Settings and uncheck the automatic system updates (it will be annoying later :)) ) , but no worries, even after and when the upgrade this time to the desired update version of Android 10 being installed and the automatic updates unchecked if may see occuring another update notification, it can be easily manually removed . Cheers!

View post
So to downgrade to an older version of android 11, do i have to install android 10 first and then put the file with the android 11 version i want? Or do I directly put the file with the version of android 11 I want?

P.S. Are you Romanian?