This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Bass function in Audio Wizard(?)

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Hello community. I've got my ROG Phone 2 a week ago and I'm having a great time with it, except for few issues.
Now I found that "Bass" bar in AudioWizard is functioning in the opposite way.
Issue I found: The bass should improve when we increase the level, but I see that Bass is more when it is kept at "0" than increasing it. Sound felt different and bass was extremely flat when I set it above "10".
Apps tested with: Prime Music and Youtube Music.
Tested with: Sony MDR-XB55, Sony WH-H900N, Sony MDR- XB450 and LG HBS-920(Wireless)
I'm not expert in audio terms but its obvious that Bass is more effective in "0" level. This is happening in any Audio mode like DTS X etc....
Firmware version:- WW_16.0631.1908.12_0
I request other ROG Phone 2 users to test it and report.
IDHGBN4VUC0R.jpg
8O9N8C1TYMPT.jpg
FXNYWEU6HTJ6.jpg

25 REPLIES 25

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Any thing on this issue? Anyone?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I don't have a test unit on hand to check, but I can forward this to the audio team.

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
I too have the same issue. Bass is getting reduced at higher level. Level 0 has the high bass.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

I don't have a test unit on hand to check, but I can forward this to the audio team.

View post
@LP_ASUS .Please try to check when you get hands on a test unit. Kindly keep us posted when you get any info from Dev/Audio team regarding this.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
sathishinsat2

I too have the same issue. Bass is getting reduced at higher level. Level 0 has the high bass.

View post
Thanks for confirming it. Actually at "0" the Bass is normal, but increasing the bar seems to tweak some other frequency instead of Bass. Will have to wait for reply from Dev team.