This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-in program for ROG Phone 5 (and previous models) owners?

Wagnelles
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hey all,
This is something I've been wondering for a while now. I daily use a mint ROG Phone 5. I'd be much more inclined to buy the ROG Phone 6 if I could trade my R5 for a discounted ROG6 unit. Do we ave any information this will be possible?
Veteran users - was such thing possible with previous models? (Say, when the ROG5 launched, was it possible to trade-in ROG Phone 3 units to get a discounted price?

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
nope. there was no such option to trade in a 3. You probably can do that at a 3rd party phone shop instead of ASUS

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Wagnelles

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hey all,

This is something I've been wondering for a while now. I daily use a mint ROG Phone 5. I'd be much more inclined to buy the ROG Phone 6 if I could trade my R5 for a discounted ROG6 unit. Do we ave any information this will be possible?

Veteran users - was such thing possible with previous models? (Say, when the ROG5 launched, was it possible to trade-in ROG Phone 3 units to get a discounted price?

Thanks in advance!

Trade-in program for ROG Phone 5 (and previous models) owners?
291855990-5789016357777207-4665520626536653845-n.jpg
It exists in China, a trade-in offer has been created, but the trade-in price is so ridiculous that it makes you cry, 9000 $ CN for a Rog 5, less than 300€, currently the rog 5 is trading at 500€ my house.

ktw
Rising Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61809/trade-in-program-for-rog-phone-5-and-previous-models-ow...

291855990-5789016357777207-4665520626536653845-n.jpg

It exists in China, a trade-in offer has been created, but the trade-in price is so ridiculous that it makes you cry, 9000 $ CN for a Rog 5, less than 300€, currently the rog 5 is trading at 500€ my house.

View post
Nah, that's the trade-in program in Taiwan 🙂 Those numbers are in NTD, but yeah you have the € conversion right.
ROG 5 series = ~300€ and USD
ROG 3 = ~260€ / 270 USD
I don't think ASUS has announced any global trade-in program for the ROG Phone 6 series yet. Maybe none?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Honestly tho, 300bucks tradein for Rog6 is just bad. You'd get more selling it on used market.

Also no, it didnt exist, at first all where mad they couldnt trade rog3 for rog5, after seeing what a shtshow the rog5 was people were suddenly extremely thankful for that. Having a crappy color banding screen is better than having a brick.