Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Ok you are the mod lol i didnt noticed.. So can we expect the update with the fix + dc dimming which is one of the important feature that all amoled device currently have

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Well, this is headed nowhere. My return window in Flipkart ends on 21st Oct. Will wait until 20th for any response from Asus, at least an acknowledgement. If this dead silence continues, I will be returning mine. Maybe wait for 2-3 months for revised HW versions and buy again if they've fixed it. ROG 2 is a great phone. But small issues like these are ruining the experience. What's more frustrating is, Asus's way of handling these issues. No response or acknowledgement. I've contacted Chat support and they have no clue whats happening and right away suggest me to visit Service center(which I don't have in my city). Btw the software too needs to be refined(I know it'll get better in time but still).

ferxo13
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21798#Comment_21798

You're in Splendid. I wasn't able to minimize the effect on my device, but adjusting color temperature and saturation may benefit some users.

View post
I tried doing that before but it didn't help

LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21728#Comment_21728

All ASUS products undergo intensive quality control, testing and inspections. The factory tries its best to make sure every product is perfect.

This is most likely panel behavior. One possible solution given by R&D if you are concerned about panel quality was to adjust settings in Splendid. (Setting>Display>Splendid)

View post
Lowering the brightness below 20% is the most basic thing ehich you guys missed in the intensive quality control. Is anybody really looking into this issue from Asus and give us the probable cause? Is it hardware or software issue? Don't give probable answers. Get it checked and revert with the investigation. Don't go round and round.

1947msr
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21728#Comment_21728

All ASUS products undergo intensive quality control, testing and inspections. The factory tries its best to make sure every product is perfect.

This is most likely panel behavior. One possible solution given by R&D if you are concerned about panel quality was to adjust settings in Splendid. (Setting>Display>Splendid)

View post
Intensive quality control, testing and inspections ???
What a joke, every asus flagship has serious hardware issue
1. Asus zenfone 5z, no network problem, solution is change the motherboard
2. Asus 6z camera autorotate problem and multiple reboot after software update and solution again change the motherboard
3. Asus rog 1 internally broken screen- check forum
4. Asus rog 2, display red tint at lower brightness
You are only giving excuses and not accepting your fault, everytime, if someone has doubt, then check the old forum and new forum both