HDR issue

3dmikee
Rising Star I
System: Win11
Battery or AC:
Model: vivobok 15 m513 ryzen
Frequency of occurrence: every time
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z8c-84ZCvA (this guy showed on video same issue)
========================
Detailed description:All videos show crazy colors, some more or less. Rebooting helps temporarily until you use HDR again.
Steps to reproduce:
1. enable HDR
2. disable HDR. If not visible, turn on full screen mode or scroll up-down the page
Current driver versions:
1. AMD Radeon Graphics - 30.0.13044.3001
2. Vivobook UEFI - 10.1.2.312
Also AMD Graphic Control Panel Apllication wont start up.
jpg.jpg
d1-8d-d0-ba-d1-80-d0-b0-d0-bd-d0-b0-2022-06-28-144036.jpg
d1-8d-d0-ba-d1-80-d0-b0-d0-bd-d0-b0-2022-06-28-144222.jpg

78 REPLIES 78

3dmikee
Rising Star I
1. You have confirmed that the video you want to play supports HDR.
This happens to any video, including live streams, whether or not it supports HDR.
2. After enabling HDR, the laptop has been restarted.
3. After restarting the laptop, open the browser to play the video, still got color errors? 
Why restart the computer every time if everything works for other owners without this procedure, I don’t understand this. Okay, if I reboot and turn off HDR color distortion will begin.
Could you please provide the screen of "Asus Optimization service" for my feedback?
Here is msconfig
jpg.jpg
With this service disabled, I don't have to reboot the laptop as you suggest because everything works as it should and there is no color distortion in any case when switching HDR.
I reinstalled the Asus System Control Interface program that brings Asus Optimisation service and didn’t work, apparently there is an unknown bug. But as you know, this service is responsible for the hotkeys and some functions of the MyAsus.
And about the launch error of the graphics control panel I wrote in the first message also found a solution:
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/amd-radeon%E2%84%A2-settings-lite/9N9370CRZ0FN?hl=en-us&gl=U... — this program to which you give a link on the driver download page does not start
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/amd-radeon-software/9NZ1BJQN6BHL?hl=en-us&gl=US — this version of the graphics control panel starts up and works properly

Falcon_ASUS
3dmikee

1. You have confirmed that the video you want to play supports HDR.

This happens to any video, including live streams, whether or not it supports HDR.

2. After enabling HDR, the laptop has been restarted.

3. After restarting the laptop, open the browser to play the video, still got color errors? 

Why restart the computer every time if everything works for other owners without this procedure, I don’t understand this. Okay, if I reboot and turn off HDR color distortion will begin.

Could you please provide the screen of "Asus Optimization service" for my feedback?

Here is msconfig

jpg.jpg

With this service disabled, I don't have to reboot the laptop as you suggest because everything works as it should and there is no color distortion in any case when switching HDR.

I reinstalled the Asus System Control Interface program that brings Asus Optimisation service and didn’t work, apparently there is an unknown bug. But as you know, this service is responsible for the hotkeys and some functions of the MyAsus.

And about the launch error of the graphics control panel I wrote in the first message also found a solution:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/amd-radeon%E2%84%A2-settings-lite/9N9370CRZ0FN?hl=en-us&gl=U... — this program to which you give a link on the driver download page does not start

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/amd-radeon-software/9NZ1BJQN6BHL?hl=en-us&gl=US — this version of the graphics control panel starts up and works properly

View post
@3dmikee
The following are the relevant instructions provided by the Microsoft website.
HDR settings in WindowsSince we have not reproduced the same situation as you, it may also be caused by system program conflicts. If the situation has improved after disabling the service, we recommend that you use this method first. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

3dmikee
Rising Star I
Thanks, this is a link with general answers where there is no solution. I also updated the Splendid driver and that didn't fix anything. I don't know what system conflicts can be when only a couple of programs are installed

3dmikee
Rising Star I
New details. This conflicting program turned out to be your own Splendid program, not a AsusOptimization service. I completely uninstalled Splendid from MyAsus in the following way:
1. Delete Asus Color Profiles on Color Management
2. Delete folders:
c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\myasus_splendid.inf_am64
c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color\asusICM
c:\programdata\asus\asus system control interface\asusoptimization\splendid
3. Delete Monitors\Splendid on Device Manager
4. Restart
And now there are no color distortions, but if install Splendid the issue begin again!

Falcon_ASUS
3dmikee

New details. This conflicting program turned out to be your own Splendid program, not a AsusOptimization service. I completely uninstalled Splendid from MyAsus in the following way:

1. Delete Asus Color Profiles on Color Management

2. Delete folders:

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\myasus_splendid.inf_am64

c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color\asusICM

c:\programdata\asus\asus system control interface\asusoptimization\splendid

3. Delete Monitors\Splendid on Device Manager

4. Restart

And now there are no color distortions, but if install Splendid the issue begin again!

View post
@3dmikee
May I know what version of Splendid you uninstalled?