Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Proximity Sensor

immelmanj
Star I
Hi,
My proximity sensor is non-functional.
I have confirmed via the SMMI test that it doesn't react at all at any of the distances.
I believe this has been the case since the latest update.
screenshot-20220422-102559217-281-29.jpg

Damn frustrating when the phone starts doing whatever as it touches your ear/face during a phonecall...

Any advice?
36 REPLIES 36

Reuven_1
Star II
dron39

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/214758#Comment_214758

Thanks for sharing it with us! But I guess it's not good solution as it should be always enabled and run in background...

Hope Asus will fix it. I clearly remember that it was much better in my case on Android 11. I had speaker mode echo problem bfore A12 arrived and sent phone to service center for repair. They also replaced screen (do not ask me why 🙂 I don't know). After that I got my phone with A12 and started to experience this problem with proximity sensor. 😞

View post
It's clear like a day that it is FW problem. Let's wait for fix of ASUS, but let you know that their HW is OK. I've tested my proximity sensor and it is working - alone.
If built-in proximity app by ASUS (obviously running in background) is currently not working properly.
Thus, you have to use another background app doing it's job. All the problems are from coders. A12. C'est la vie...

lumabi
Star I
I also have this problem where I can be in a call and suddenly the display becomes active and my face changes various functions. Until this is sorted out I'm going to have my wallet flip case closed when on a call.

Reuven_1
Star II
dron39

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/214758#Comment_214758

Thanks for sharing it with us! But I guess it's not good solution as it should be always enabled and run in background...

Hope Asus will fix it. I clearly remember that it was much better in my case on Android 11. I had speaker mode echo problem bfore A12 arrived and sent phone to service center for repair. They also replaced screen (do not ask me why 🙂 I don't know). After that I got my phone with A12 and started to experience this problem with proximity sensor. 😞

View post
The app I mentioned above works well enough and consumes about 0.1% of the daily battery use.

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
I refresh the topic. It will not close without a due solution.

beje
Star I
just made an account for the same topic: phone makes crazy stuff while in a call. This is not ok!