fghdsazhsdb
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I don't know how to start this topic but I am on 18.0830.2101.86 and I've been trying to upgrade my firmware to android 12 so please help!
3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
What a stupid idea, especially with this excellent firmware, but hey, we always learn from these mistakes, so here's the solution.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60743/asus-rog-5-not-updating-tried-almost-all-versions-none-...

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
From what you are saying it sounds like you might have a Tencent phone, please look at the following post and see if this is the case.
Justins

hello, i want to buy ROG phone 5 from my local online marketplace, there's seller who sell at quite attractive price there and he says its tencent edition with international / global ROM. Any thought on this from mods ? @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS should i take precaution as ROG phone 3/2 or is this safe on ROG Phone 5 ? thanks. (The sellers said FOTA is safe this time with rog phone 5)

ROG Phone 5 Tencent Edition with Global/International ROM
If this is now the case I would recommend contacting your reseller and try to get your money back.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.