System: TUF Dash F15 2022 
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FX517ZM
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I've purchased a Thunderbolt 3 to Displayport adapter and I've plugged it into the Thunderbolt 4 port on my laptop (I've double-checked it's the right one), and nothing happens, it does not get recognized.
I've ruled out an issue with the adapter itself, since I've tested it on a Macbook Air M1 and Lenovo P52 and both laptops identify it correctly as a Thunderbolt 3 display adapter, and can output video correctly.
All my drivers are up to date according to Windows Update/Armoury crate.
9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
torgabor
  1. System: TUF Dash F15 2022 
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FX517ZM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I've purchased a Thunderbolt 3 to Displayport adapter and I've plugged it into the Thunderbolt 4 port on my laptop (I've double-checked it's the right one), and nothing happens, it does not get recognized.

I've ruled out an issue with the adapter itself, since I've tested it on a Macbook Air M1 and Lenovo P52 and both laptops identify it correctly as a Thunderbolt 3 display adapter, and can output video correctly.

All my drivers are up to date according to Windows Update/Armoury crate.

TUF Dash F15 2022 Thunderbolt Display output does not work
@torgabor
What is the brand and model of the device and cable you are connecting to?
Can you take a photo of your laptop connected to an external device?
Also, please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the USB Type-C problems ? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

torgabor
Star I
Thanks for your answer!
>What is the brand and model of the device and cable you are connecting to?
I've tried with 2 adapters:
Amazon Basics Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI Adapter
www amazon com/gp/product/B08989QNQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i-tec Thunderbolt 3 Dual DP Video Adapter
i-tec pro/en/produkt/tb3dual4kdp-2/
Both of them work on the Lenovo P52 and Macbook Air M1, but don't show up on the TUF Dash F15 2022:
I followed the troubleshooting guide you linked, and it recommended removing and reinstalling the Thunderbolt driver. It doesn't seem like there's a dedicated Thunderbolt driver for the TUF Dash F15 2022 on the ASUS site, so I couldn't reinstall the drivers:
www asus com/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Dash-F15-2022/HelpDesk_Download/ 
I've modified the links because it doesn't allow posting otherwise.
Here's a screenshot of the adapter working correctly on the Lenovo P52.

thunderbolt-lenovo-p52.png
The same adapter plugged into the TUF Dash F15 and not working:
plug-in-port-tuf-dash-f15-2022.jpg

P.s: Do you guys know any known working docks that ASUS has tested with this particular laptop model?

Falcon_ASUS
torgabor

Thanks for your answer!

www amazon com/gp/product/B08989QNQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both of them work on the Lenovo P52 and Macbook Air M1, but don't show up on the TUF Dash F15 2022:

I followed the troubleshooting guide you linked, and it recommended removing and reinstalling the Thunderbolt driver. It doesn't seem like there's a dedicated Thunderbolt driver for the TUF Dash F15 2022 on the ASUS site, so I couldn't reinstall the drivers:

www asus com/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Dash-F15-2022/HelpDesk_Download/ 

P.s: Do you guys know any known working docks that ASUS has tested with this particular laptop model?

View post
@torgabor
I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
torgabor

Thanks for your answer!

View post
@torgabor
I have sent you a message, please check.
Thank you.