Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

michelangalo
Star III
sanjaypyadav

@LP_ASUS Hi sir, i recently bought asus rog phone 2 in India and i did not update to the latest firmware. I am not seeing any red tint issue as of now. Most of them who are facing this issue have updated their software to the latest version. After updating to the latest version LED indicator option is not seen in the light management system. May be this Led indicator light might be causing the red tint. Can you check with the developers whether they can bring back the LED indicator option in the next firmware version and see whether the red tint fades after it.

The device is absolutely stunning , super fast, excellent design, fantastic weight balance. Top notch specs and incredible battery life. Thank you so much for keeping the 3.5mm jack which was so essential.

Thank you

With regards.

View post
Thank you for sharing the info. Hope when I get the phone its not with the updated firmware.
Can you post what firmware version your phone came with?

michelangalo
Star III
Can anyone with ROG2 phone with latest firmware revert back to a old firmware to check if the Red tint issue is with the new firmware?

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II

michelangalo

Can anyone with ROG2 phone with latest firmware revert back to a old firmware to check if the Red tint issue is with the new firmware?

View post
Nah it was also there before the update

I am also facing this issue on lower brightness.
@LP_ASUS I saw your reply that if this is a deal breaker then we should get it checked or return the device, but if this is a issue that most of us are facing (including you as well), can you update with root cause and let us know if this is a hardware or software issue and what are the probable solutions for it rather than just getting it checked or returning the device?
We love the device, but that does not mean you can imply "take it or leave it".
Do let us know root cause of the issue, log a bug, or let us know if this is an additional feature that you have given to us.

PS - I agree with @ag.954gupta, that the screen brightness is too high even on 0% brightness and IMO low on 100% brightness.

anshumjain635
Star I
i have talked to local services station of asus in my city they said that they already had 2 rog2 with them and it was software problem and they have solved it but i dont completely trust them so i request you guys to visit service center and see if you issues is resolved or not