Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus Zenbook Duo UX482EGR
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes, both independent and factory
Screenshot or video: See Below
========================
Detailed description:

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if you all have the same issue with your units. My unit tends to heat up all the time, regardless of what i do. I would open application and it would heat up, id open 10 and it would heat up. I choose whisper mode -> heats up, same for other modes.

At the time i wrote this, i had 4 applications open. Firefox (4 taps), WebEx (its like microsoft teams), Microsoft Word (one document), and one PDF document. hardly a reason to heat up.... and consumption is as you see below... But again, the applications or amount of stuff open rarely makes a difference.

My laptop has the lifting thing put underneath (ergolift pad?) and its NOT blocking the vent.

The heat is mostly in the middle top and top left side (where the HDMI is) on the bottom of the laptop. Putting my hands there, i can feel alot of heat more likely 50+

The fans run load when in high performance or Balanced mood. In Whisper, the laptop just heats up until it toasts the table :(...

And just in case anyone thinks about asking, the room tempreture is <26 C*

11 REPLIES 11

Falcon_ASUS
MAKAO
  1. System: Windows 11 (22000)
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Asus Zenbook Duo UX482EGR
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes, both independent and factory
  6. Screenshot or video: See Below

========================

Detailed description:

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if you all have the same issue with your units. My unit tends to heat up all the time, regardless of what i do. I would open application and it would heat up, id open 10 and it would heat up. I choose whisper mode -> heats up, same for other modes.

At the time i wrote this, i had 4 applications open. Firefox (4 taps), WebEx (its like microsoft teams), Microsoft Word (one document), and one PDF document. hardly a reason to heat up.... and consumption is as you see below... But again, the applications or amount of stuff open rarely makes a difference.

My laptop has the lifting thing put underneath (ergolift pad?) and its NOT blocking the vent.

The heat is mostly in the middle top and top left side (where the HDMI is) on the bottom of the laptop. Putting my hands there, i can feel alot of heat more likely 50+

The fans run load when in high performance or Balanced mood. In Whisper, the laptop just heats up until it toasts the table :(...

And just in case anyone thinks about asking, the room tempreture is <26 C*

Asus Zenbook Duo UX482 Heat
@MAKAO
Please refer to the following FAQ.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Overheating (Fan) issue of ASUS laptop | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf your laptop still overheats, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

MAKAO
Star III
Hello,

@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS So i downloaded the app to see the hidden background tasks, nothing out of the normal...

@Falcon_ASUS I did that 2 days ago and been monitoring it since. The reponse i got was
These are thin laptops and its normal to heat up, and we (Asus) only consider it abnormal if they heat up above 90, as per the parent company guidelines. TBH i find this nonsensical... how can you consider a laptop that reaches say 80 degrees on simply web browsing normal. I even made them feel the heat.. and they said it was "tolerable", cuz in asus app it only says 62C for the CPU (not under load). I then opened the BIOS for them just to show them another issue this laptop has, which is that running BIOS ONLY causes the laptop to become hot enough to fry an egg, and chugs around 10% battery even 30 minutes or so. we checked the bios and its version was 3.0 and they were like update it to 3.1. We did that, which generally reduced the heat while using the laptop, but it still heats up and running the BIOS still causes the laptop to heat and drains battery very fast, i can share a video of that if it helps.
p.s. the 80 degrees thing is just a hypothetical number as a reply.

I also reached out to people on reddit (through private message) and out of 15 i contacted 13 had similar heat issue, although the degree of heat is varying. Also one guy said maybe the heat while charging is due to the fast charge, but couldnt explain anything besides that.

This also takes us to another question, if the laptop heats up so much while charging due to fast charge... why dont we have an option to reduce the speed at which the laptop charges.. cuz that would be helpful... This is a feature suggestion?

Kevin_S1
Star I
I have same problem with Zenbook UM3402 i7 1260p which I just bought 2 days ago. It is very hot at base around keyboard and the left side where the hot air come out. The CPU temp is about 50-60 Celsius.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
MAKAO

Hello,

@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS So i downloaded the app to see the hidden background tasks, nothing out of the normal...

@Falcon_ASUS I did that 2 days ago and been monitoring it since. The reponse i got was

These are thin laptops and its normal to heat up, and we (Asus) only consider it abnormal if they heat up above 90, as per the parent company guidelines. TBH i find this nonsensical... how can you consider a laptop that reaches say 80 degrees on simply web browsing normal. I even made them feel the heat.. and they said it was "tolerable", cuz in asus app it only says 62C for the CPU (not under load). I then opened the BIOS for them just to show them another issue this laptop has, which is that running BIOS ONLY causes the laptop to become hot enough to fry an egg, and chugs around 10% battery even 30 minutes or so. we checked the bios and its version was 3.0 and they were like update it to 3.1. We did that, which generally reduced the heat while using the laptop, but it still heats up and running the BIOS still causes the laptop to heat and drains battery very fast, i can share a video of that if it helps.

I also reached out to people on reddit (through private message) and out of 15 i contacted 13 had similar heat issue, although the degree of heat is varying. Also one guy said maybe the heat while charging is due to the fast charge, but couldnt explain anything besides that.

This also takes us to another question, if the laptop heats up so much while charging due to fast charge... why dont we have an option to reduce the speed at which the laptop charges.. cuz that would be helpful... This is a feature suggestion?

View post
copy below all lines and paste in notepad , and the execute in command prompt, share all screesnhots
@echo recursive registry checks
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\Scripts\Shutdown"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\Scripts\Startup"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices"
reg.exe query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce"

Falcon_ASUS
MAKAO

Hello,

View post
@MAKAO
The laptop will have a certain temperature during operation. If you think the temperature is too high, as in the previous reply, we may suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.