This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support 5G or just Marketing BS??

smchay
Rising Star I
As per above, kindly confirm if support 5G in Malaysia? If so, got Volte and Vowifi that goes with that? Really do not want the same fiasco as with the ROG5 and ZenFone 8 series which even as today does not support 5G in Malaysia 😑
But to be fair, they don't even work with Vowifi within the biggest network in Malaysia ie. Celcom/Digi, so maybe asking for 5G is a bit too much 🤔
Anyway, can the people in Asus please answer our queries as so far there has been no solution across all threads which were closed by default.
For citizens of other countries, maybe you should clarify the above regards to your country first as well before parting with your hard earned $$$ 😅
26 REPLIES 26

FunBike31
Community Legend I

smchay

As per above, kindly confirm if support 5G in Malaysia? If so, got Volte and Vowifi that goes with that? Really do not want the same fiasco as with the ROG5 and ZenFone 8 series which even as today does not support 5G in Malaysia 😑

But to be fair, they don't even work with Vowifi within the biggest network in Malaysia ie. Celcom/Digi, so maybe asking for 5G is a bit too much 🤔

Anyway, can the people in Asus please answer our queries as so far there has been no solution across all threads which were closed by default.

For citizens of other countries, maybe you should clarify the above regards to your country first as well before parting with your hard earned $$$ 😅

Support 5G or just Marketing BS??

Haha, 5G in Malaysia is better than a good science fiction movie, we never get bored, there are news coming to Europe every week for 2 years.
It is the only country in the world with 5G antennas and no operator to use them.
Finally, there is one of the 6 that offers a 5G plan, but "Soon" to use it 😂
Discover 5G
Subscribe now to enjoy 5G data soon

For 2030 there is good hope

smchay
Rising Star I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61764/support-5g-or-just-marketing-bs

Haha, 5G in Malaysia is better than a good science fiction movie, we never get bored, there are news coming to Europe every week for 2 years.

It is the only country in the world with 5G antennas and no operator to use them.

Finally, there is one of the 6 that offers a 5G plan, but "Soon" to use it 😂

Discover 5G

Subscribe now to enjoy 5G data soon

For 2030 there is good hope

View post
Yes, it's truly sad when even a pathetic firm like Asus doesn't take us seriously .......... maybe it's better to just complain to the authorities and get the phone banned for misleading information 🤔
That said, can't help but noticed that no one from Asus have debunked our hypothesis or care to clarify anything 😑

irenelee2009
Star II
You guys enjoy yourself. Will be heading back to Samsung for better overall experience and value ☺️

FunBike31
Community Legend I
smchay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217547#Comment_217547

Yes, it's truly sad when even a pathetic firm like Asus doesn't take us seriously .......... maybe it's better to just complain to the authorities and get the phone banned for misleading information 🤔

That said, can't help but noticed that no one from Asus have debunked our hypothesis or care to clarify anything 😑

View post
I think there is a misunderstanding, if ASUS is not exempt from criticism in the specific case of Malaysia, there is no operator that offers an operational consumer 5G plan and therefore no phone of any brand works in 5G, I could be wrong because unlike Japan/US/Australia I don't have family or friends in Malaysia for a live feedback but with the official data available, in 5G there are only Antennas, no operator, Asus is not involved.