This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless payments do not work

Vekass
Star I

Hello, I am not an English speaker, so I apologize for possible mistakes. I have such a problem. Contactless payments do not work in the new asus rog 5. the following error appears during setup: Failed to complete setup for in-store payments This phone is not eligible for in-store payments. Someone may have rooted the device or modified it in some other way.

5 REPLIES 5

Mattias_ASUS
Did you buy it from a certified ASUS reseller? or a big store?

Vekass
Star I
bought in an online store

Vekass
Star I
I looked at the box of the phone and it seems to be made for China. The markings are all in Chinese. Maybe that's why it doesn't work and is there anything that can be done?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Vekass

I looked at the box of the phone and it seems to be made for China. The markings are all in Chinese. Maybe that's why it doesn't work and is there anything that can be done?

View post
Yes, ask for a refund, but I doubt that is possible unless the payment method like Paypal allows it easily

Namely, the model must be a Tencent, reserved for the Chinese market

It is not supported by Asus Global for warranty

As it was installed a Global WW Firmware, it is also not warranty in China

It therefore remains only for the seller to ensure the guarantee, which must approach 0% of positive cases

Instead of saving 40-50% on the price of an Official ASUS (you would have had at least 20% because the rog 6 is out today, the Rog5 is on sale), it's as if you had put your money the bin

Sorry to be so direct