cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 5 just stopped working all of a sudden

reubenrox12
Star II
Phone : Rog Phone 5
Warranty Status : Expired April 30 2022(Phone stopped working @ May 4th 2022)

Turned on my Phone backlight logo , 10 minutes later the phone just stopped working . Phone has not fallen down , No scratches and is in perfect condition .

Took it to Asus Service Centre Thrissur . As soon as I explained my problem and checked the warranty status , the agent asked me to pay a sum of 51,000 to replace the motherboard . The agent did not check my phone , as soon as I handed him my phone the amount is what I hear . They said that there is no other way but to pay the amount if I want to get it fixed .

What will a student in this situation do ? I gave it to a third party shop since the first Asus center declined to check out my phone . I asked to to check out what the problem is so that I can get to know what the problem is and then submit it back to a different Asus service center . It turned out the issue was with Motherboard and possibly the battery . (During the process the third party shop use a third party glue and lost 4 screws in the process)

Then took it back to Asus center and they said that they cannot do anything since it is out of warranty . Note : This happened in the first week in May 2022 . Now the reason they are given me is different .

Talked to a friend with the same device and he told me about Zentalk community and the hotline number I can call (which the first asus center I took it to did not provide me with) and then talked to a person and he asked me to submit the phone to a Asus center 4 hours from my place and I travelled a total of 8 hours to submit the phone .

NOW , they are saying the since it was opened by a third party they can only do this on a chargeable basis and now using that as an excuse . If the first Asus center had taken my phone to actually diagnose the problem in the first place I WOULDN'T HAD TO SUBMIT IT TO A THIRD PARTY STORE .

Contacted Asus hotline 4 times after that , every single agent said that I will be contacted within 72 hours and none of them called me .

I had a lot of hope for Asus , I understand that the the device is out of warranty but it was just a week out of warranty and the phone was in brand new condition , asking to pay an amount more than that of the phone seems ridiculous and that too even without checking the phone out before quoting such a ridiculous amount ???

Well this is going to be the last post I make on the matter , if there is anyone in this community who might be able to help me with this I would be in your debt .
12 REPLIES 12

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I am not able to help you for a problem like this but on the other hand, for a breakdown occurring a few weeks after the guarantee, I will have given my agreement for the assumption of responsibility under guarantee after some checks, except you cumulate actions that would have resulted in a negative response.
Device root, not ideal for starting a deal
Opening by an unauthorized third party, prohibitive
Verification in an escalation procedure = 2 messages for the same fault or nothing corresponding, neither the date, nor the circumstance of the fault, (load, video) nor what has been done.
I remind you of your first message, read it again.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60998/rog-phone-5-does-not-boot-not-even-to-the-bootloader-no...

reubenrox12
Star II
But don't you agree to the fact that the reason I had to submit it to a third party is because of the negligence shown by the Asus service center I took it to ? Way before I even thought about submitting it to a third party , I went to the Asus Authorized center first . The actions and the lack of information provided by the staff was the reason I had to submit it . Yet you would want to pin the fact that I submitted it to a third party dispite of the actions taken when I did the right thing ?

IF the service center had told me about the hotline or this community center when I told " This price is too much , is there someone I can contact to maybe find a way to fix this without paying such an amount" This would have been my second choice instead of a third party
I do agree with the root part of the problem . But I have been using asus devices always and all of them are rooted , none of those device have a single problem .

reubenrox12
Star II
And A mod did send me a message to submit few specific details including RMA and other details which I did but yet I did not receive any updates from him either after submission .

reubenrox12
Star II
FunBike31

I am not able to help you for a problem like this but on the other hand, for a breakdown occurring a few weeks after the guarantee, I will have given my agreement for the assumption of responsibility under guarantee after some checks, except you cumulate actions that would have resulted in a negative response.

Device root, not ideal for starting a deal

Opening by an unauthorized third party, prohibitive

Verification in an escalation procedure = 2 messages for the same fault or nothing corresponding, neither the date, nor the circumstance of the fault, (load, video) nor what has been done.

I remind you of your first message, read it again.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60998/rog-phone-5-does-not-boot-not-even-to-the-bootloader-no...

View post
But don't you agree to the fact that the reason I had to submit it to a third party is because of the negligence shown by the Asus service center I took it to ? Way before I even thought about submitting it to a third party , I went to the Asus Authorized center first . The actions and the lack of information provided by the staff was the reason I had to submit it . Yet you would want to pin the fact that I submitted it to a third party dispite of the actions taken when I did the right thing ?

Anyone in the right mind would have opted to get it checked first before being told the worst possible secnerio and asked to pay such an amount to get it fixed

IF the service center had told me about the hotline or this community center when I told " This price is too much , is there someone I can contact to maybe find a way to fix this without paying such an amount" This would have been my second choice instead of a third party
I do agree with the root part of the problem . But I have been using asus devices always and all of them are rooted , none of those device have a single problem .

And A mod did send me a message to submit few specific details including RMA and other details which I did but yet I did not receive any updates from him either after submission .