This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell 300 Watt Charger on ASUS TUF/ROG Laptop?

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Battery or AC: AC
Model: TUF F 15 2022- FX507ZM
Frequency of occurrence: Always
System: TUF F 15 2022- FX507ZMS
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello all,
I recently bought a TUF F 15 2022 model, i7 12700H and 140 Watt RTX 3060.
I quickly noticed that the provided 240 Watts AC adapter is not enough to run the laptop while gaming as the battery drains when using Turbo modes, and once the battery drops below 100% the CPU runs at half power and honestly performs like trash.
So, I want to know if anyone is using any 300+ Watt adapter with the ROG/TUF Laptops?
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Anna-Kin
  1. Battery or AC: AC
  2. Model: TUF F 15 2022- FX507ZM
  3. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  4. System: TUF F 15 2022- FX507ZMS
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello all,

I recently bought a TUF F 15 2022 model, i7 12700H and 140 Watt RTX 3060.

I quickly noticed that the provided 240 Watts AC adapter is not enough to run the laptop while gaming as the battery drains when using Turbo modes, and once the battery drops below 100% the CPU runs at half power and honestly performs like trash.

So, I want to know if anyone is using any 300+ Watt adapter with the ROG/TUF Laptops?

Dell 300 Watt Charger on ASUS TUF/ROG Laptop?
@Anna-Kin
For the best performance, please use ASUS original AC adapter and power cable for your ASUS notebook to avoid compatibility issues. If you use a non-original AC adapter, we may not be able to guarantee its compatibility and stability with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Notebook] The specification and suggested instruction of battery/adapter | Official Support | ASUS ...

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61718/dell-300-watt-charger-on-asus-tuf-rog-laptop

@Anna-Kin

For the best performance, please use ASUS original AC adapter and power cable for your ASUS notebook to avoid compatibility issues. If you use a non-original AC adapter, we may not be able to guarantee its compatibility and stability with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015066/

View post
@Falcon_ASUS Thank you.
The fact is the included 240 Watts charger is unable to provide the required power while gaming which causes the battery to drain.
So, it makes sense to use a higher wattage charger.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.