Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF A15 RAM frequency and MYASUS app not working

sensei_d
Star I
Hello staff and community.
So I have some issues with my laptop.
First, I have bought a version with 32 Gigs of ram that was sold for 3200Mhz but my system runs at 2666, I do not see any settings in bios to fix this, can anyone help?
Second, is that since I`ve upgraded to win 11 MYASUS app won`t run my battery settings, I`m using the laptop mainly on a brick so I set it to 60% but it keeps charging it to 100%. This issue occurred after win 11 update.
Can anyone give me any advice on this, it`s driving me nuts that I have paid for something I can`t use fully. I`m using my laptop for editing videos and believe me running on 34G transfer rate instead of 50G is a big difference in time for me. Furthermore, I do not want to destroy my battery in the long run.
Thank you in advance and I hope I can resolve these issues with you guys. 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

sensei_d
Star I
If I uninstall and install it again it works for the first 1 2 restarts of the system, after that it goes to 100% again.
About the memory, you can check the screenshot 🙂

Falcon_ASUS
sensei_d

If I uninstall and install it again it works for the first 1 2 restarts of the system, after that it goes to 100% again.

screenshot-2022-07-01-184306.jpg

View post
@sensei_d
Regarding the memory frequency issue, I will forward the information to the relevant department.
Regarding the charging problem, I have sent you a message, please check.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Falcon_ASUS
sensei_d

screenshot-2022-07-01-184306.jpg

View post
@sensei_d
It is confirmed that our original shipped memory is 8GB *2.  
Do you have any additional memory installed by yourself ?
If you have installed additional non-factory memory, we would recommend that you remove it, replace the memory we shipped to you, and then confirm whether the frequency can reach 3200.
Thank you.

sensei_d
Star I
I have contacted the dealer of the laptop and the issue with the memory comes from them, I`ve ordered the laptop with 32 gb upgrade and they have installed the wrong kit so now it`s 3200 no issues with that. Now I`m waiting for your reply on the battery overcharging issue. When I updated the bios it charged to 60% and set there for like 2 days of use. After that, it started charging to 100% again. It`s like windows is forgetting about the instructions after some time and charging the battery... which is a bit odd and it worries me if I`m going to damage my battery.

Falcon_ASUS
sensei_d

I have contacted the dealer of the laptop and the issue with the memory comes from them, I`ve ordered the laptop with 32 gb upgrade and they have installed the wrong kit so now it`s 3200 no issues with that. Now I`m waiting for your reply on the battery overcharging issue. When I updated the bios it charged to 60% and set there for like 2 days of use. After that, it started charging to 100% again. It`s like windows is forgetting about the instructions after some time and charging the battery... which is a bit odd and it worries me if I`m going to damage my battery.

View post
@sensei_d
Thanks for the update on the memory frequency issue.
Regarding the battery charging issue, the technical department is confirming.
If there is any update, I will reply to you immediately.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.