This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Dialer caused phone crash issues with wired headset?

frankblock
Star I
When i first bought my zenfone 8 (jun 2021) i quickly installed the Dialer app made by Google and started using it instead of the default Asus phone dialer. I have been having the issue of the phone crashing and turning off when using a wired headset ever since. I recently tried using a different dialer app named "True Phone" and i havent had any issues with the phone crashing while using a wired headset. Maybe the issue was Google all along...
3 REPLIES 3

keren_ASUS
Hi @frankblock
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Can you please share your phone's log by following these instructions:
Open calculator
Input ".19595+=" to enable logtool
Tap "Generate" of “Phone, mobile, networks, and signal” issue type
Try to reproduce the issue
After you encounter the issue, repeat steps 1&2
Tap "Finish and Share"
Wait for a couple of minutes, the system will notify you once the log is complete.
Share the log to Google Drive and provide the URL to us.
Thank you so much!

landsome
Rising Star II
frankblock

When i first bought my zenfone 8 (jun 2021) i quickly installed the Dialer app made by Google and started using it instead of the default Asus phone dialer. I have been having the issue of the phone crashing and turning off when using a wired headset ever since. I recently tried using a different dialer app named "True Phone" and i havent had any issues with the phone crashing while using a wired headset. Maybe the issue was Google all along...

Google Dialer caused phone crash issues with wired headset?
What about the stock Asus phone app? Because it stretches credulity that all those who experienced this problem and complained about it never switched, at least for checking purposes, from the Google to the Asus phone app. (I never had this issue myself, but I have read countless reports.)

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.