This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 5 does not boot up, it turns off when the ZenFone bouncing animation starts.

Maarss
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 5
Firmware Version: UL-ASUS_X00QD-ASUS-16.0615.2006.131-1.1.41
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): I factory resetted and redownloaded the firmware above.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I charged the phone overnight. The phone worked the next day but at a faster battery discharging rate. I was able to recharge the phone for awhile before it turned off then refused to boot up. The phone boots up to the logo bouncing animation then it turns off. The battery is fine and is charged up to 86% and the charging function is still intact. I attached a video clip for reference. Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Time to go shopping 😁

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hi Maarss,
Thank you for providing details and video. Please refer to the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015488/
If it still does not work, it is recommended that you should visit the ASUS Repair Center to have your device checked.

khanquerer5pg
Star II
Yes it happened to my phone two days ago and it automatically booted after i pressed power button twice

Jiaszzz_ASUS
khanquerer5pg

Yes it happened to my phone two days ago and it automatically booted after i pressed power button twice

View post
Hi khanquerer5pg,
Could you please provide the model name (for example, ZE620KL), device version, and details of the situation of the Asus device you are using?
It is recommended that you update the firmware to the latest version to confirm if the issue can be solved.