This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Simpro Dock 2 work with UX501vw ?

rocky2040
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX501VW
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS
rocky2040

@Falcon_ASUS

Thank you for your reply,

I know that the UX501vw is not in the list of compatible laptops.

But I'm confused, isn't thunderbolt 3 supposed to be some kind of a standard ?

I'm aware that the UX501vw is an old model and that some limitations are to be expected.

The question is if Simpro Dock 2 is not supposed to work at all with the UX501vw or how severe the limitations are.

But if Simpro Dock 2 has a serious hardware dependency on the specific supported models .....

That would be a pity because, on the paper, Simpro Dock 2 is a terrific docking station, it could easily compete with all TB3 docking stations costing almost twice the price.

Thanks again,

Best,

Rocky.

View post
@rocky2040
I understand your concerns. But since it is not in the compatibility list, it may not be able to fully perform its functions, for example: OSD may not work properly.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rocky2040
Star I
Hello,
I want to buy the Simpro Dock 2 but I don't know if it will work with my UX501VW Thunderbolt 3.
Does anyone know?
Thanks.

Falcon_ASUS
rocky2040

Hello,

I want to buy the Simpro Dock 2 but I don't know if it will work with my UX501VW Thunderbolt 3.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

View post
@rocky2040
The UX501vw is not in the compatibility list.
The following is a list of support and remarks for your reference.
ASUS SimPro Dock 2 - Tech Specs|Laptops Accessories|ASUS GlobalNote: Compatible product:
ASUS ExpertBook (P series CML platform,B,L series)
ASUS SimPro Dock 2|Laptops Accessories|ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

rocky2040
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
I'm aware that the UX501vw is an old model and that some limitations are to be expected.
The question is if Simpro Dock 2 is not supposed to work at all with the UX501vw or how severe the limitations are.
But if Simpro Dock 2 has a serious hardware dependency on the specific supported models .....
That would be a pity because, on the paper, Simpro Dock 2 is a terrific docking station, it could easily compete with all TB3 docking stations costing almost twice the price.
Thanks again,
Best,
Rocky.

Falcon_ASUS
rocky2040

@Falcon_ASUS

Thanks again,

Best,

Rocky.

View post
@rocky2040
I understand your concerns. But since it is not in the compatibility list, it may not be able to fully perform its functions, for example: OSD may not work properly.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. Thank you.