System: K513E, Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: K513E
Frequency of occurrence: Every Day, can reproduce
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Yes
BIOS ver: X513EQN.301, 23/09/2021
========================
Detailed description:Audio is choppy through web conferencing software. I can be talking to someone and i can hear them fine, then all of a sudden they sound very far away, or their audio is choppy and inaudible. This occurs on Teams, Zoom, and Webex. I have been able to reproduce this today by going into the audio settings for the programs mentioned above and clicking 'Test Speaker'. The issue occurs on the laptop speakers, wired head phones, usb headphones, and bluetooth headphones.
This definitely seems like and issue with the laptop itself, and NOT with the web conferencing software or the headphones.

Video of problem: we.tl/t-n5BY9AH6HB
Screenshots of drivers:
device-manager-20-05-22.jpg
realtek-audio-20-05-22.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

upstir
Star I
I appear to have resolved the issue by turning off 'Sound Effects' in the Realtek Audio Console.
I will check over today and if I have any further issues I will come back.
dts-sound-effects-20-05-22.jpg

Falcon_ASUS
upstir

I appear to have resolved the issue by turning off 'Sound Effects' in the Realtek Audio Console.

I will check over today and if I have any further issues I will come back.

dts-sound-effects-20-05-22.jpg

View post
@upstir
Thanks for your update.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.