This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats a viable screen protector that allows fingerprint access?

orionov
Star II
I recently bought the Zenfone 8 and after implementing a hydrogel screen protector, i cant use the fingerprint reader at all, and cant even submit new fingerprints. I understand this is a problem with cheap protectors so im asking if anyone has bought a protector that makes this a non issue.
Can you give me brand names / links to shops like ebay or ali / or any good information that will make me save money and time in buying multiple types just to be disappointed over and over? I have seen this topic being raised in the forums a few times here but no one ever gave an actual model that works 100% of the time.
I'm thinking of buying this model - add 'ebay dot com' at the start of it - any thoughts?
itm/194429631970?hash=item2d44e8bde2:g:z5sAAOSw4gNhYi54
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

landsome
Rising Star II
Essentially, nothing works reliably enough for me under all lighting configurations. I tried 3 tempered glass (0.3mm) and two so-called flexible glass (0.15mm) solutions. The latter were clearly better, but even adding only my 2 thumbs' prints under different light scenarios (darkish room, bright natural light, bright mall light) the FP reader failed more often than not. I junked all 5 protectors. My FP is otherwise fine.
Also note that one of my thumbs is consistently harder to register and detect than the other - but only on this phone (I have 6 more relatively current phones at home and all my fingers are equally reliable). I've seen this reported by other ZF8 owners.
Plus registering fingerprints with this phone is a hassle, protector or naked screen.

orionov
Star II
Thank you for your input, tho i was afraid you'd say that..
Can you clarify on why the room's lighting is relevant to the detection of fingerprints?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.