This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs on Asus 6Z building no ending with 193

Not applicable
This has been a major headache for me since day one using this phone. Unlike the past Asus phone I had used, Asus 6Z just auto updates all the Google trash apps that I disable by default: Google Chrome; Photos; and Duo.
No matter how many times I disable them, by the morning I wake I they are all auto updated again. I wish Google just like Microsoft give us option to uninstall all these crappy Google bloatware in Android 10.
11 REPLIES 11

cobben
Rising Star I
survivor303

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21172#Comment_21172

I get only a Youtube and Photos Apps what become enabled after while. Facebook things stays disabled.

View post
Besides disabling the apps, I also cleared all data for them and removed all their privileges, etc.
Don't know if that was necessary.

survivor303
Rising Star II
cobben

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21483#Comment_21483

Besides disabling the apps, I also cleared all data for them and removed all their privileges, etc.

Don't know if that was necessary.

View post
me too, we are in the same page with this.
But with 193, chrome started also enabled itself. It is some system service what enabled them, it has to be because any other phone dosnt do that.

On my thread, mod asking me to disable these apps from powermaster but that dosnt help either, so it is something else.

cobben
Rising Star I
survivor303

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21512#Comment_21512

me too, we are in the same page with this.

But with 193, chrome started also enabled itself. It is some system service what enabled them, it has to be because any other phone dosnt do that.

On my thread, mod asking me to disable these apps from powermaster but that dosnt help either, so it is something else.

View post

I have had zero problems with these after the first 4 days, my Z6 is now 1 1/2 months "old".'
Don't know what I might be doing differently, no root or mods.
I do use the no-root firewall app Netguard to block internet access for these and a lot of other apps, even system apps.
This is a trial and error process, don't try this (with Netguard) if you don't understand what you are doing.

cobben
Rising Star I
These are the 10 apps I have disabled.
All except for "D. Welbeing" have been disabled for more than a month with no problems.
D. Wellbeing has not bothered me, but I find it "uninteresting".
I disabled it mainly because I have been having sporadic problems with notifications from Whatsapp not appearing, and have tried everything else I can think of.
(That is not a seriously problem, for me personally at least.)

That the Fakebook system apps were preinstalled I consider, how should I put it - a serious missjudgement by Asus.
Most at least of the for me unnecessary Google apps I have understood are more or less forced on Asus by Google, many people will want to use them.
it is sufficient that they can be disabled.
21LWUMJ0OA22.jpg

_jis_
Zen Master III
These are the apps I have disabled since the first day 4 months ago with no problems.
Notice the Duo that makes you angry in your phone.
UK8J68L02LWS.png