Battery or AC: AC
Model: TUF F 15 2022
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I bought a new Asus TUF F15 2022, i7 12700H (45 Watt), and RTX 3060 (140 TGP).
While running Cinebenh R23, the CPU Power draw is about 83 Watts.
But, during gaming, the CPU power draw is maxed at 32 Watts. I have set the power limits to the maximum in the Asus Armoury crate software using the Manual profile.
I have seen benchmarks on YouTube for my model, and the CPU Power draw ranges from 35-45 watts.
Whereas in my case the max power draw is at 26-32 Watts, which limits the game performance.
Check this video for the benchmark I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQ3QhjJXFQ
In the Apex and Warzone part, you can see the CPU power goes upto 45 Watts, where my laptop hits 30 Watts maximum.
Is there any way to increase the power limit for better performance?
13 REPLIES 13

Falcon_ASUS
Anna-Kin

@Falcon_ASUS

Is there any update or fix for this?

Honestly, my games are running like shit.

A laptop with i5 10th gen has more FPS than my laptop.

View post
@Anna-Kin
I have sent you a message, please check.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Hello @Falcon_ASUS and anyone who is following this thread.
I think I have figured out what is causing the low CPU power draw, i.e. <30 Watts instead of 45 Watts.
So, today while playing Insurgency Sandstorm, the CPU was pulling 45-50 Watts constant, and GPU Power draw was at 115 Watts, while the game ran at 150 FPS and the battery led was WHITE i.e. the battery was at 100% Capacity.
The moment the battery led went ORANGE, checked the battery level it was at 99%, the CPU Power draw dropped from 50 to 25 Watts, and FPS went down to 100 from 150 FPS.
Tested this in Warzone as well, the moment the battery drops to 99% the CPU power drops to 25 Watt and the laptop takes a performance hit.
THE LAPTOP IS PLUGGED IN AND CHARGING WHEN I TESTED THIS, OBVIOUSLY.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Is there any fix for this?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.