Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not proceed to logon screen

Dryeet2704
Star I
System: ASUS Laptop running Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: ASUS Vivobook 14
Frequency of occurrence: Every time I boot up my laptop.
========================
I've been having issues logging on to my laptop. The basic sequence is this: I boot it up, and click on the screen after I get to the next screen. But when I click the screen to enter my password, it goes onto the pin screen, then loops back to the screen where I have to click to get to the pin screen.
I've booted it up into safe mode just fine, it proceeds to my safe mode desktop sweet as a nut, but I can't login via the normal login mode. I've run a disk checker and 2 sectors showed as corrupted, but were then fixed. I repeated the checks and no errors showed up.
Absolutely nothing has worked so far. As a last resort, I restored it from a system image, and that somehow didn't work.
Can anyone help with this please? Even a link to something will help.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Dryeet2704
  1. System: ASUS Laptop running Windows 10 Pro
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: ASUS Vivobook 14
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Every time I boot up my laptop.

========================

I've been having issues logging on to my laptop. The basic sequence is this: I boot it up, and click on the screen after I get to the next screen. But when I click the screen to enter my password, it goes onto the pin screen, then loops back to the screen where I have to click to get to the pin screen.

I've booted it up into safe mode just fine, it proceeds to my safe mode desktop sweet as a nut, but I can't login via the normal login mode. I've run a disk checker and 2 sectors showed as corrupted, but were then fixed. I repeated the checks and no errors showed up.

Absolutely nothing has worked so far. As a last resort, I restored it from a system image, and that somehow didn't work.

@Dryeet2704
If you cannot log in to the system normally in safe mode, there may be an error in the system. I would recommend that you restore the system to use. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Dryeet2704
  1. System: ASUS Laptop running Windows 10 Pro
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: ASUS Vivobook 14
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Every time I boot up my laptop.

========================

Try method 4, which is described in the below website, you don't need to reset PC.
Enable Windows Administrator Account From Command Prompt | Password Recovery (top-password.com)

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.