This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any alternatives to fix a "dead" Zenfone 8?

Annhan
Star I
Hello. I have looked a bit around this place and would like to apologise in advance if this sort of thread is just an annoying repeat.
As stated on the title, my Zenfone 8 is just dead (or possibly a ramdump issue based on other user reports). Black screen, no bottom LED and no screen menu after pressing power and volume keys. The only thing that stood out is that the phone is detected when plugged into my computer, and it registers the power + volume key trying to reboot it. Still no such thing as fast booting screen from my end. I have tried the recommended steps to troubleshoot but to no avail. Now I am just trying to see if starving its battery would do something.
I bought this phone back in January 2022, but according to the labelling, the MFD is 2021.04. The latest firmware is Android 12 / WW-31.1010.0410.61.
This might be a pointless question by now, but are there any alternatives to troubleshoot this without having to send it just to have the internals replaced? Something like provided firmware fix?
I genuinely enjoy using this phone, but I don't like that the "viable" solution nowadays is to completely replace the hardware/device.
5 REPLIES 5

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.