cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of the hardware test application smmi_test

bnsmb
Star I
Hi
the Android from ASUS for the Zenfone 8 contains a very handy hardware test app (SMMI_TEST). Unfortunately that test app does not run on Custom ROMs for the Zenfone 8 due to a not matching certificate.
So question:
Are custom ROM developers allowed to include the SMMI_TEST app with the correct certificate in the custom ROM for Zenfone 8?

regards
Bernd

3 REPLIES 3

Mattias_ASUS
Hello @bnsmb!
I just got info regarding this, SMMI is a preloaded app in the ZenUI image, if the phone is loaded with a custom ROM the app will be gone as well.

bnsmb
Star I
Hello Matthias
thanks for the answer.
>>I just got info regarding this, SMMI is a preloaded app in the ZenUI image, if the phone is loaded
>>with a custom ROM the app will be gone as well.
sure ... but I can extract the App from the running ASUS Android, re install the Zenfone8 with a Custom ROM and then reinstall the SMMI app (or add the SMMI app to the image of the CustomROM). My question was not regarding how to do that .

My question is:
Am I allowed to add the SMMI App to a Custom ROM for the Zenfone 8 and distribute that Custom ROM? I guess this app is the property of ASUS.
So it's a question to the Lawer
regards
Bernd

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.