This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE on ROG 5S in Australia (Telstra and Optus)

crisisxcore
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5S
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Ongoing
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): VoLTE
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG 5S 512GB model in Australia.
When it was on Android 11, special code was required to enable VoLTE (Shows as "Call on 4G" in setting) - VoLTE did not work. Network drops from 5G to 3G when on call.
After upgraded to Android 12, "VoLTE" option is available in setting without special code - VoLTE still does not work.
Some reported that VoLTE works without issue in Australia with Telstra (Telco).
My previous devices such as iPhone 11Pro Max, 13 Pro Max, Galaxy Z Fold 2 and 3, Pixel 6 Pro had no issue with VoLTE with same SIM card with same service provider - Telstra.
Can someone confirm if this is the issue with the device or VoLTE does not work with Telstra? Because VoLTE works with Optus.
10 REPLIES 10

Mattias_ASUS
We are constantly working together with several service providers to bring VoLTE to as many devices as possible.
While turning on the VoLTE switch would technically work, it is not recommended since the signal would then not be recognized by the service provider and would create issues if not implemented correctly.

crisisxcore
Star II
I dont understand what you mean by "While turning on the VoLTE switch would technically work". It does NOT work. The network drops to 3G as soon as voice call connects and the other party is complaining with call quality.

Mattias_ASUS
crisisxcore

I dont understand what you mean by "While turning on the VoLTE switch would technically work". It does NOT work. The network drops to 3G as soon as voice call connects and the other party is complaining with call quality.

View post
Yes, I am aware of that, sorry if I was unclear.
What I was trying to say is that even if we just updated the phone to just allow VoLTE out of nowhere the risk of users getting shut down because of incompatibility with the network is just way too big, that's why we are trying to get the network providers to support the devices.
Sadly at the moment, I have no more information regarding the situation but we are constantly working towards a solution.

Sobaniforce
Star II
Optus user here with latest firmware (31.0810.1226.91), VoLTE works OK.

noldoli
Star III
crisisxcore

Thanks for the comment.. I just want to check with other Telstra user with ROG5S because someone in Zentalk said VoLTE is working with Telstra - Thank you ASUS for implementing VoLTE & VoWiFi for Telstra, Australia in Nov 2021 Firmware Update — ...

View post
Telstra VoLTE & VoWiFi still work good on my ROG 5 (not 5S), though I'm still on A11.