nsanedown
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.84
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still on Android 11 when this started happening.
It all started yesterday as I was playing Genshin Impact, when all of a sudden the phone froze and emitted a high pitched sound before turning off.
I then turn the phone back on again and noticed that the Wifi was not longer on. No biggie, I go and turn in on manually thinking it must've turned off during the crash.
However, after pressing the enable wifi button, it would then turn immediately to off. Thinking this was strange, I then restart my phone again and low and behold the Wifi is back on!
Then I start playing games again and after like 20 minutes or so the phone freezes again. I do the same thing and again the wifi is no longer there. I restart the phone 2-3 times and it came back.
Today, it crashed again as I was playing wild rift but this time the Wifi refuses to turn back on again and no matter how many times I reboot the phone it will always turn back off.
Thinking it might be from the Adroid version, I make the jump to v12 but the Wifi error still persists.
Aida64 detects the Wifi as "Disabled" and when going into settings to turn it on again results in it being grayed out like in the picture taken below.
Is there any trick I can try at this point? Haven't tried a factory reset but I'm sure that other users who have encountered this issue probably did the same to no results?
screenshot-20220614-164515712.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

nsanedown
Star III
jasonwch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/215848#Comment_215848

I would suggest you start do regular backup and prepare for spare phone then send for repair. There are many similar cases before describing this is the sign your motherboard soon will die.(phone will not even able to start up)

View post
Thanks for the advice, I'll continue to do daily backups and thankfully already have a spare phone in case this one dies.
I've disabled the wifi and will stay on the sim internet since from what I saw the wifi was the reason my phone started crashing randomly.
Let's see if anything changes in the coming months.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.