This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery performance update

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Hello @asus Could you tell me when I. getting the update for battery drain problem .The rate battery is draining it's not feel like a 6000 mah though.
77 REPLIES 77

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We haven't seen any battery draining issue with either ZenFone 6 (6Z) or ROG Phone II but people will always continue reporting about this. I expect to see these kind of threads even when we have launched ZenFone 10 and ROG Phone 8 unless Google finds a way to intelligently find and report apps that drain more than they should (they kind of have this already today but not efficient enough). I say this because In many cases users who complain about this, return to the thread days later to report that they found the battery draining app they had recently installed and forgot about.
If there really was an issue with battery drain, then this thread would be several pages long by now. Please follow the steps explained by LP_ASUS.
A quick way to check if you have battery draining apps installed is to put your phone in flight mode while you go to sleep. If it loses more than 1% of battery per hour of sleep, then there's something wrong with your phone. Normally you will only lose maybe 3-4% during 8h but up to 8% is still ok since there can be some apps that drain a little more without it being unnatural. But more than that will be considered as a system battery drain which we need to have a look at.

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

We haven't seen any battery draining issue with either ZenFone 6 (6Z) or ROG Phone II but people will always continue reporting about this. I expect to see these kind of threads even when we have launched ZenFone 10 and ROG Phone 8 unless Google finds a way to intelligently find and report apps that drain more than they should (they kind of have this already today but not efficient enough). I say this because In many cases users who complain about this, return to the thread days later to report that they found the battery draining app they had recently installed and forgot about.

If there really was an issue with battery drain, then this thread would be several pages long by now. Please follow the steps explained by LP_ASUS.

A quick way to check if you have battery draining apps installed is to put your phone in flight mode while you go to sleep. If it loses more than 1% of battery per hour of sleep, then there's something wrong with your phone. Normally you will only lose maybe 3-4% during 8h but up to 8% is still ok since there can be some apps that drain a little more without it being unnatural. But more than that will be considered as a system battery drain which we need to have a look at.

View post
Every excuses is acceptable but the thing is that the UI is responsible per battery consumption as far as I know.
So a battery performance update in the coming software update is highly appreciable. Hope Asus will do it's best in UI department as like in hardware deaprtment.
Please share the update on heating issue with nominal usage or while charging also .

Subhendu
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21334#Comment_21334

A good way to check for a battery drain issue is to back up your phone, perform a factory reset, and install your apps one by one. Pay careful attention to when the device starts draining rapidly.

You can also check this without a reset using PowerMaster. It can make suggestions on what apps are draining your phone too quickly. You can find PowerMaster in Settings>Battery.

View post
I tried the second option & found no risk I mean to say all app are running smoothly as per power master.
Thanks

Subhendu
Rising Star I
kchinnavigneshraja

I found that Google Play services are draining too much battery in my phone. Anyone else see the same?

View post
Yes I do feel same

Subhendu
Rising Star I
sawankumar2012

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21302#Comment_21302

Before that I also used ASUS 6z which is having 5000 maH battery. But, still it gave me higher backup then this 6000 mah battery in ASUS ROG II. The battery performance is not at all upto the mark. It's not as per 6000mah. Please fix the battery issue.

By the way, I'm using same apps here too which I used on my ASUS 6z.

View post
Brother Asus 6z is giving higher back up than Asus rog 2 could be of many other factors like it is having 120hz refresh screen & bigger screen as well.