This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you connect Asus to TV using Type C to HDMI cable

chitransh_joshi
Star II
I tried this but not working on Asus Rog phone 2. It plug and Play on my Samsung device. But don't know if Asus support this. If any one know a solution on this do let me know. I need wired connection for screen casting on my TV for Game streaming.

26 REPLIES 26

Volodesi
Rising Star II
bishwa_roy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21480#Comment_21480

Solution has been provided. See my previous post.

View post
That did nothing for me.

Seeing that it works with my other USB-C devices is proof that it is still a Asus problem.

Edit: I also tried using my Switch dock, which has support for phones/tablets as well. I get the same result. It just stays on for a few seconds then flashes. This dock is powered as well.

bishwa_roy
Star II
Volodesi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21551#Comment_21551

That did nothing for me.

Seeing that it works with my other USB-C devices is proof that it is still a Asus problem.

Edit: I also tried using my Switch dock, which has support for phones/tablets as well. I get the same result. It just stays on for a few seconds then flashes. This dock is powered as well.

View post
That's strange. I hope the mods can take this matter up to the developers.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
What cable are you using?
I just connected to an older SONY TV with no issues at all using the cable below
USB C to HDMI Cable(4K@60Hz) - 3/6/10ftEven if you have a cable that works with everything else, doesn't mean that there must be something wrong with your ROG Phone II. Some devices accept cheaper cables and others don't. I recommend you use good quality USB C to HDMI cables like the one above.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

What cable are you using?

I just connected to an older SONY TV with no issues at all using the cable below

https://uniaccessories.io/collections/cables/products/usb-c-to-hdmi-cable4k-60hz-uni-usb-type-c-to-h...

Even if you have a cable that works with everything else, doesn't mean that there must be something wrong with your ROG Phone II. Some devices accept cheaper cables and others don't. I recommend you use good quality USB C to HDMI cables like the one above.

View post
That exact one. I mentioned it above.

chitransh_joshi
Star II
JeffB

Did you try both USB ports?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that only the side port supported video out...

View post
Yes, I did try I use Amazon basic connector but it did not work. I have seen others complaining the same. I got a call from ASUS support and they confirmed it would only work with Asus Professional ($120) or Mobile Doc ($230). With other connectors available in market may or may not work. And the type c on side only output over HDMI.
It would not make sense to me spending another $120 for this function to work.