System: UX461UA
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX461UA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Windows 11
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi, my system consistently will not wake from sleep and requires a hard reset (press the power button for 10 seconds)
I have tried every solution there is on the internet and on this board. Nothing has worked save one approach.
I have configured the Display Adapter to be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
image.png
When I do this the system sleeps as expected
If I configure the Display Adapter to be "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620" I can't wake the system from sleep.
image.png
I have tried UHD drivers from the Asus download page, the Intel download page and the ones that Windows Update installs.
I have installed the newest other drivers from the Asus site:
Serial i/o
Chipset
MEI
Card Reader
Sensor Hub
This is extremely predictable, I can switch back and forth between Basic and Intel and reproduce the problem
Unfortunately, I can't do basic things like adjust the brightness with the Basic Display Adapter.
What is the ASUS recommended Intel UHD 620 driver version that works with the UX461UA in Windows 11?
Any other thoughts or input would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve

7 REPLIES 7

okna2003
Star III
steve.baird50

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/214619#Comment_214619

Thanks, @okna2003 and @RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS this fixed the problem!

View post
@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS @Falcon_ASUS Is there a way to get Asus to fix the issue? It affects many UX series laptops and is related to the Intel UHD driver. I tried to contact Intel but they say that you need to contact the laptop manufacturer so that ASUS can contact Intel and solve the problem together. But ASUS is stubbornly silent ((

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
okna2003

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/214632#Comment_214632

@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS @Falcon_ASUS Is there a way to get Asus to fix the issue? It affects many UX series laptops and is related to the Intel UHD driver. I tried to contact Intel but they say that you need to contact the laptop manufacturer so that ASUS can contact Intel and solve the problem together. But ASUS is stubbornly silent ((

View post
Sorry, I am not working in Asus company, But I am working as a lecturer in Govt college, teaching mathematics subject, together with I am helping to solve simple problems.
My laptop has Intel HD graphics 620 so i knew about HD graphics.

type below lines in command prompt and run with an admin rights
powercfg.exe -h off
powercfg.exe /deviceenablewake "HID-compliant mouse"
powercfg.exe -change -monitor-timeout-ac 10
powercfg.exe -change -monitor-timeout-dc 10
powercfg.exe -change -standby-timeout-ac 120
powercfg.exe -change -standby-timeout-dc 120
afterwards restart windows .

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.