System: UX461UA
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX461UA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Windows 11
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi, my system consistently will not wake from sleep and requires a hard reset (press the power button for 10 seconds)
I have tried every solution there is on the internet and on this board. Nothing has worked save one approach.
I have configured the Display Adapter to be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
image.png
When I do this the system sleeps as expected
If I configure the Display Adapter to be "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620" I can't wake the system from sleep.
image.png
I have tried UHD drivers from the Asus download page, the Intel download page and the ones that Windows Update installs.
I have installed the newest other drivers from the Asus site:
Serial i/o
Chipset
MEI
Card Reader
Sensor Hub
This is extremely predictable, I can switch back and forth between Basic and Intel and reproduce the problem
Unfortunately, I can't do basic things like adjust the brightness with the Basic Display Adapter.
What is the ASUS recommended Intel UHD 620 driver version that works with the UX461UA in Windows 11?
Any other thoughts or input would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve

7 REPLIES 7

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
steve.baird50
  1. System: UX461UA
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: UX461UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Windows 11
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi, my system consistently will not wake from sleep and requires a hard reset (press the power button for 10 seconds)

I have tried every solution there is on the internet and on this board. Nothing has worked save one approach.

image.png

If I configure the Display Adapter to be "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620" I can't wake the system from sleep.

image.png

I have tried UHD drivers from the Asus download page, the Intel download page and the ones that Windows Update installs.

• Serial i/o
  • Chipset
  • MEI
  • Card Reader
  • Sensor Hub

This is extremely predictable, I can switch back and forth between Basic and Intel and reproduce the problem

Unfortunately, I can't do basic things like adjust the brightness with the Basic Display Adapter.

What is the ASUS recommended Intel UHD 620 driver version that works with the UX461UA in Windows 11?

Thanks

Steve

UX461UA Won't wake from sleep
You should try with v30.0.101.1994 from intel, read my post for a direct download link
Intel Inc Released GPU DCH WHQL stable driverv_30.0.101.1994 Win11, 10 on 25-05-2022 — ZenTalk (asus...

okna2003
Star III
steve.baird50
  1. System: UX461UA
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: UX461UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Windows 11
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

image.png

image.png

• Serial i/o
  • Chipset
  • MEI
  • Card Reader
  • Sensor Hub

Thanks

Steve

UX461UA Won't wake from sleep
Disable (without uninstalling) Intel(R) Audio for displays. This solved my problem
UX330UAR sleep - Page 2 — ZenTalk (asus.com)

steve_baird50
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61088/ux461ua-wont-wake-from-sleep

You should try with v30.0.101.1994 from intel, read my post for a direct download link

Intel Inc Released GPU DCH WHQL stable driverv_30.0.101.1994 Win11, 10 on 25-05-2022 — ZenTalk (asus...

View post
Thanks for the help, unfortunately this did not help in my situation.

steve_baird50
Star II
okna2003

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61088/ux461ua-wont-wake-from-sleep

Disable (without uninstalling) Intel(R) Audio for displays. This solved my problem

UX330UAR sleep - Page 2 — ZenTalk (asus.com)

View post
Thanks, @okna2003 and @RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS this fixed the problem!