cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My solution for slow / unsensitive fingerprint function

Reuven_1
Star II
Model Name: ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: A12 (M3.13.24.66-Sake_0000110)
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: An instant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
========================================
The issue was discussed a lot of times by multiple customers. The standard solutions like Safe Mode and Factory Reset are generally not a Root Cause.
In my ZenFone 8 my thumb finger was pre-scanned 5 times but without any improvement in fingerprint sensor functionality.
My guess was that sensitivity and rapidness of fingerprint sensor depend also on local illumination of finger area prior to the fingerprint recognition.
Thus, making the color in "Indicator styles" BLUE instead of default white, you will decrease the multi-wave effects probably disturbing fingerprint sensor to work properly.
screenshot-20220603-102458316-1.jpg

In my case the fingerprint sensor becomes accurate and fast like in my previous iPhone device. Good luck and write your own experience.
13 REPLIES 13

Chrisdude
Star II
Good input, thanks for sharing. Still not the best result for me.

For me the fingerprint sensor is far inferior to my 4 year old Sony XZ1 and my 6 year old Z5. Not as sensitive and less tolerant when having moist or dust on your finger. Not so much on upgrade on that I must say.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
I purchased a 2nd Zenfone 8 (another story) and found it had a much better fingerprint sensor than my first Z8. The sensor on my 2nd phone is great, the first was pants.

Reuven_1
Star II
landsome

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/214545#Comment_214545

I never had problems either. But the blue mark is clearly a little faster.

View post
Chrisdude

Good input, thanks for sharing. Still not the best result for me.

For me the fingerprint sensor is far inferior to my 4 year old Sony XZ1 and my 6 year old Z5. Not as sensitive and less tolerant when having moist or dust on your finger. Not so much on upgrade on that I must say.

View post
I suppose there has to be a difference in the improvement level for Zenfones with screen protectors of different types.
My Zenfone is protected by glued silicon layer. For glass protectors of different widths and/or some other protecting solutions there are another optical conditions taking part in the final result. It would be interesting to compare between efficacy of different screen protecting solutions according to your feedbacks.
Anyway there is a good opportunity for Asus to check for possible optimizations in their screen cover solutions, distances to fingerprint sensor, color of "Indicator styles" in sense of optical parameters and their influence to the fingerprint functionality.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
So what the solution? Because I could not quit understand what the op is going on about

Chrisdude
Star II
MrAvenger

So what the solution? Because I could not quit understand what the op is going on about

View post
"Thus, making the color in "Indicator styles" BLUE instead of default white, ..."