Star I
p-20220522-032001.jpg
No update Android 12
Asus ROG phone 5s

38 REPLIES 38

Dorman
Star II
FunBike31

If you haven't changed anything since the downgrade, it's not necessary to reset, it's up to you depending on what you've done.

according to your screenshots, you are in isarel with the operator partner israel, is that correct?

If so, your APN settings are the old ones of this operator which was Orange, as below found in the SPN.ASUS

Off this line should no longer exist

42501,3G Portal,*99#,,,uwap.orange.co.il,3G Portal

She should be more like this

42501,Partner Israel,*99#,,,uinternet,Partner Israel

It seems to be a software bug, as ASUS phones are not validated by Partner Israel, you may not receive the correct settings.

Some Solutions

- Ask the operator for the APN and APN MMS configuration and enter them manually in the Rog 5

- Put the sim in another phone if you have one and what works, write down all the parameters then copy them into rog 5 (or if you know someone with the same operator copy their APN configuration (Internet and MMS)

See if this can help you

https://www.simcard.co.il/partner-israel/

View post
mmmm will try
now that's what I'm seeing in my other phone
screenshot-20220602-145046.jpg
which isn't exists in my phone.
will try to copy that to the new phone.

another question that may be related... i can't turn off the "Automatically network select" which is weird because i can't search networks by myself, is that because the DNS isn't signed on correctly?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
If I believe the names, this phone seems quite old to me, not sure that these parameters are compatible with 4G/5G services, you can try but it would be better to ask your operator for the parameters for your subscription.
If it's Parter Israel phone customer service, I couldn't find the APN settings on the site.
If you copy the settings, it is preferable that you deactivate 5G to test, if it works you will reactivate it afterwards

Yes it is normal, to search for networks the SIM card must be active with the operator

Dorman
Star II
FunBike31

If I believe the names, this phone seems quite old to me, not sure that these parameters are compatible with 4G/5G services, you can try but it would be better to ask your operator for the parameters for your subscription.

If it's Parter Israel phone customer service, I couldn't find the APN settings on the site.

If you copy the settings, it is preferable that you deactivate 5G to test, if it works you will reactivate it afterwards

Yes it is normal, to search for networks the SIM card must be active with the operator

View post
Added new APN
1) added from new phone
Disabled 5g
Entered #*#4636#*#
Adjust network type
2) added new from Google after finding partner 5g APN

Both didn't work.. need to find of a new way..

Dorman
Star II
I'm trying to think that's not a sim related problem. My girlfriend has another sim of another company and still it isn't working on my phone..

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Can you detail your girlfriend's phone model, operator and 3G, 4G or 5G plan?
Have you tried your SIM card on your girlfriend's phone?
If so and how did you write down all the APN settings to copy them to the Rog5
With your SIM, what values are automatically put in the APN for MCC and MNC?