cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My solution for slow / unsensitive fingerprint function

Reuven_1
Star II
Model Name: ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: A12 (M3.13.24.66-Sake_0000110)
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: An instant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
========================================
The issue was discussed a lot of times by multiple customers. The standard solutions like Safe Mode and Factory Reset are generally not a Root Cause.
In my ZenFone 8 my thumb finger was pre-scanned 5 times but without any improvement in fingerprint sensor functionality.
My guess was that sensitivity and rapidness of fingerprint sensor depend also on local illumination of finger area prior to the fingerprint recognition.
Thus, making the color in "Indicator styles" BLUE instead of default white, you will decrease the multi-wave effects probably disturbing fingerprint sensor to work properly.
screenshot-20220603-102458316-1.jpg

In my case the fingerprint sensor becomes accurate and fast like in my previous iPhone device. Good luck and write your own experience.
13 REPLIES 13

Tuathe
Star III
I'll check this solution but on first glance it works better.

landsome
Rising Star II
Reuven_1
  1. Model Name: ZenFone 8
  2. Firmware Version: A12 (M3.13.24.66-Sake_0000110)
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: An instant
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -

========================================

The issue was discussed a lot of times by multiple customers. The standard solutions like Safe Mode and Factory Reset are generally not a Root Cause.

In my ZenFone 8 my thumb finger was pre-scanned 5 times but without any improvement in fingerprint sensor functionality.

My guess was that sensitivity and rapidness of fingerprint sensor depend also on local illumination of finger area prior to the fingerprint recognition.

Thus, making the color in "Indicator styles" BLUE instead of default white, you will decrease the multi-wave effects probably disturbing fingerprint sensor to work properly.

screenshot-20220603-102458316-1.jpg

In my case the fingerprint sensor becomes accurate and fast like in my previous iPhone device. Good luck and write your own experience.

My solution for slow / unsensitive fingerprint function
Amazing! Let's see long-term - but immediately after the change I see visible improvements.

Alex_s
Rising Star I
Maybe that's why i never had problems with the fp sensor.

landsome
Rising Star II
Alex's

Maybe that's why i never had problems with the fp sensor.

View post
I never had problems either. But the blue mark is clearly a little faster.