This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Pro VoLTE & Wifi Calling support?

ktw
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can enable VoLTE and Wifi calling on Metro by T-mobile?
I'm on Metro by T-mobile (which runs over the T-mobile network) and just received a text saying that I'll need to get VoLTE by July 1st -- otherwise I'll get kicked off the network.
I tried to look up how to enable VoLTE on Zenfone 7 Pro, but it seems like there is very little discussion on this. I saw a tweet in 2020 saying that T-mobile now supports VoLTE with Zenfone 7 Pro, so theoretically Metro by T-mobile should also support it...?
However, I couldn't find the toggle for it in the settings, as shown below.
283872846-737280784270591-9199905573903175470-n.jpg

I dug a bit into this and found that, in the SIM card setting, there's a "Dual SIM 4G + 4G" toggle, which says that "You have to subscribe to VoLTE call service to have voice call capability", and this took me to a post on XDA about rooting and enabling VoLTE.
untitled.png
Is there any way to enable VoLTE on the Zenfone 7 series without rooting? Mine is a newly bought phone and I don't want to root to break the warranty just yet 😕.
Does this simply mean that I will just need to contact my carrier to "subscribe" to the VoLTE call service? Has anyone dealt with this before?
Also, I was looking for Wifi calling and couldn't find any useful references for Zenfone 7 series. Any clue?
Thanks!
========================================
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.174 (Android 11)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: --
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Call
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

3 REPLIES 3

slimghost
Rising Star I
Don't have to many expectations. Asus is sort of focused ( at minimums) for the 8 series and ROG. Don't expect miracles for the 7/7 Pro . Will never come. And that's all. Asus doesn't have volumes for 7 series in many countries, they definitely will not pay licenses/provisioning for the operators. VoLTE and VoWiFi it is a lost dream, get used to it, unfortunately. Cheers!

ktw
Rising Star II
slimghost

Don't have to many expectations. Asus is sort of focused ( at minimums) for the 8 series and ROG. Don't expect miracles for the 7/7 Pro . Will never come. And that's all. Asus doesn't have volumes for 7 series in many countries, they definitely will not pay licenses/provisioning for the operators. VoLTE and VoWiFi it is a lost dream, get used to it, unfortunately. Cheers!

View post
Cool beans. I've been searching for a solution on this one and crossed my fingers hoping that they've done something about it in the past 2 years, but I guess I'll have to make a switch after all.
Thanks mate!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.