proshannorock
Star I
p-20220522-032001.jpg
No update Android 12
Asus ROG phone 5s

38 REPLIES 38

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Not sure, because power can only be maintained when the sim card is present.
Try to clear caches and data of mobile services (ask moderators for exact name of services)
It also happens that the SIM card is too old for the software/telephone, if your SIM is more than 12 months old, you can try with a recent SIM or ask your operator for a new one.
These are the last 2 things I see you can do before Asus service center last resort

Dorman
Star II
FunBike31

Not sure, because power can only be maintained when the sim card is present.

Try to clear caches and data of mobile services (ask moderators for exact name of services)

It also happens that the SIM card is too old for the software/telephone, if your SIM is more than 12 months old, you can try with a recent SIM or ask your operator for a new one.

These are the last 2 things I see you can do before Asus service center last resort

View post
"Try to clear caches and data of mobile services (ask moderators for exact name of services)"
not sure how to do that, saw that tip on many forums..
"It also happens that the SIM card is too old for the software/telephone, if your SIM is more than 12 months old, you can try with a recent SIM or ask your operator for a new one."
I tried another sim which is a new one (less than a year) doesn't work as well... so that's not that.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
screenshot-20220531-145233977.jpg
screenshot-20220531-145305331.jpg
screenshot-20220531-145435494.jpg
screenshot-20220531-145626572.jpg
screenshot-20220531-145724139.jpg
In summary, the SIM is detected but there is no signal
The phone was downgraded from A12 to A11, so the caches were cleared as well as the data.
There are 2 possible failures, hardware or bad ISP provider not researched (software)
Before doing below, activate Airplane mode then after 1min remove the
Can you post the result of the following screens and if the sim card is detected, search for mobile operators by clicking on settings, Mobile network then at the bottom on Automatically select network
If this fails you will have to resolve to bring it to a service center

Dorman
Star II
FunBike31

screenshot-20220531-145233977.jpg

screenshot-20220531-145305331.jpg

screenshot-20220531-145435494.jpg

screenshot-20220531-145626572.jpg

screenshot-20220531-145724139.jpg

In summary, the SIM is detected but there is no signal

The phone was downgraded from A12 to A11, so the caches were cleared as well as the data.

There are 2 possible failures, hardware or bad ISP provider not researched (software)

Before doing below, activate Airplane mode then after 1min remove the

Can you post the result of the following screens and if the sim card is detected, search for mobile operators by clicking on settings, Mobile network then at the bottom on Automatically select network

If this fails you will have to resolve to bring it to a service center

View post
Well sim working well

For aim signal that's what I'm getting:
For call test I'm getting that:
I tried also to test the modem
Sim settings
Can't turn off automatically select network.
And access point names

Please tell me if you need more data..
Thanks a lot for all your help.

Any suggestions with the problem?
And I know it's a long shot but even though I downgraded.. should I also try factory reset?

BTW! since this problem started I have problems with shoulders buttons and they are not related parts of the phone which make me think is software problem and not hardware

FunBike31
Community Legend I
If you haven't changed anything since the downgrade, it's not necessary to reset, it's up to you depending on what you've done.
according to your screenshots, you are in isarel with the operator partner israel, is that correct?
If so, your APN settings are the old ones of this operator which was Orange, as below found in the SPN.ASUS
Off this line should no longer exist
42501,3G Portal,*99#,,,uwap.orange.co.il,3G Portal
She should be more like this
42501,Partner Israel,*99#,,,uinternet,Partner Israel
It seems to be a software bug, as ASUS phones are not validated by Partner Israel, you may not receive the correct settings.

Some Solutions
- Ask the operator for the APN and APN MMS configuration and enter them manually in the Rog 5
- Put the sim in another phone if you have one and what works, write down all the parameters then copy them into rog 5 (or if you know someone with the same operator copy their APN configuration (Internet and MMS)
See if this can help you
https://www.simcard.co.il/partner-israel/