Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Proximity Sensor

immelmanj
Star I
Hi,
My proximity sensor is non-functional.
I have confirmed via the SMMI test that it doesn't react at all at any of the distances.
I believe this has been the case since the latest update.
screenshot-20220422-102559217-281-29.jpg

Damn frustrating when the phone starts doing whatever as it touches your ear/face during a phonecall...

Any advice?
36 REPLIES 36

immelmanj
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

Quick update: Our devs are taking a closer look at the logs sent by you. I'll update you when I learn more. 🙂

View post
Hi Gustav,
Any updates from the dev's?
Your thoughts on rolling back to Android 11?

Seems there are more users having this issue, including the two latest posters that are being quite dramatic.
I've been using the phone like this for a while now, it is frustrating but not impossible to work around.

Cheers and thanks,
Justus

prageethv
Star I
immelmanj

Hi,

My proximity sensor is non-functional.

I have confirmed via the SMMI test that it doesn't react at all at any of the distances.

I believe this has been the case since the latest update.

screenshot-20220422-102559217-281-29.jpg

Damn frustrating when the phone starts doing whatever as it touches your ear/face during a phonecall...

Any advice?

Zenfone 8 Proximity Sensor
Very true , the proximity sensor is a joke , if distress number was functional now i would be charged for nuisance

atanasuzunov
Star III
I think the initial post from @immelmanj describes a separate problem. He explains that the proximity sensor is not functional at all. Remaining users, including me, have occasionally functional sensor -sometimes during calls it does not cause the screen to turn off, which is a lot annoying, but sometimes it works - seems to happen a bit randomly.
Anyway, I also hope for solving this problem by ASUS.

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
Everything has already been written by users. However, as you can see, Asus does not respect customers. Just know dear Asus, customers will buy other phone next time...

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
I refresh the topic. It will not close without a solution.