Madozz
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.196
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello i dont know how to start this topic but i am on 18.0840.2111.196 and ive ben trying to upgrade my firmware so much bugs already its rly sad to pay that much for a phone and have such bad support !!
its my first and last phone i ever buy from asus
i tried as they said the manual update i downlaod the zip file u place it in the root i restart and i get the message that a update was detected i press on update is says update fail
i tried to update to the last version of Android 11 which is 18.0840.2201.226 then to update to android 12 nothing worked i almost tried every update none of them work

5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Updates are incremental, follow the shift order and you'll be fine. in your case, the .200
For Android 12, the same, you must be at least .226

Madozz
Star II
i have the tencent version
are u saying i need to upgrade to
WW-18.0840.2111.200
then
WW-18.0840.2112.210
then
WW-18.0840.2201.226
and so on ? untill i reach the latest update ?

Madozz
Star II
FunBike31

Updates are incremental, follow the shift order and you'll be fine. in your case, the .200

For Android 12, the same, you must be at least .226

View post
it actually worked thanks for u mate ❤️

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Madozz Please bear in mind that the Tencent version of ROG Phone 5 running global firmware is not a supported configuration, hence the lack of automatic firmware updates (among other tings). If you run into any issues with your device, please contact your reseller, as this is not a configuration that we sell.