cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finger print sensor doesn't work after display replacement

Chafre
Star I
Hello,

My Zenfone 8 suffered a broken display. I ordered an original Asus display and changed the display myself. Now the fingerprint sensor doesn't work anymore. When registering a finger, it only reacts when the tip of the finger touches the display surface. But it is not enough that he registers an imprint. According to the Smmi test (,12345+= in the calculator) the fingerprint sensor is OK.

A complete factory reset brought no improvement. Has anyone experienced something similar and a solution?

Regards

10 REPLIES 10

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Dear Chafre,
According to the situation you describe, we will suggest you to visit the nearest ASUS Service Center at your earliest convenience to get your device check.
Thank you.

Chafre
Star I
Hello Karen,
thanks for your repley. But this is not an option for me, because in Germany you can only send it in to fix it. The average duration of it will be up to two weeks. And i've got no mobile phone through this time and this type service of Asus is not acceptable for me.
So i hope to find a solution here.
Best regards.

Chafre
Star I
Dear Karen,
what can i do, there ist no Asus Service Center in Berlin, the Capital of Germany or anythere else in Germany?
Best regards

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Dear Chafre,
For what you are describing, it needs to send the unit to the repair center for further inspection. Since you have disassembled the phone when you replaced the screen yourself, the repair center needs to confirm the issue by conducting further inspection.
Sorry for the late reply.