proshannorock
Star I
p-20220522-032001.jpg
No update Android 12
Asus ROG phone 5s

38 REPLIES 38

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I just read your second post for the same problem, are you sure you don't want to make a 3rd?
Otherwise you can read this one which deals with the same subject, but for the rog5s the firmware you need to update are ww.164, 175, and 192
from the latter (.192) you can either stabilize by staying in A11 with .206 or switch to Android 12 with .77 and complain about performance and other various bugs
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60743/asus-rog-5-not-updating-tried-almost-all-versions-none-...

Dorman
Star II
excavation5

Dont worry bro you can try to make factory reset or update it manually but the newest version android for this phone i mess have some bugs and bad gaming performance i downgrade from android 12 to 11 or if you update just update to the first version of android 12

View post
Can you please tell me how did you back up your stuff before downgrading? I want to downgrade too but I'm stuck on the backup.

excavation5
Rising Star II
Do you have another phone to back up your data on it
Or you can try to backup your phone whit google account and download your photos to your computer
For easy backup use Asus data transfer app
A few times i use a google back up for contacts and call history or the best back up is if you have other phone to backup everything on it make the downgrade and after this transfer the data again

Dorman
Star II
Google backup doesn't work for downgrading.
So I guess what I'm hearing from you is transfer data (apks) to another phone
Backup photos to computer

Any other tips?

Dorman
Star II
excavation5

Do you have another phone to back up your data on it

Or you can try to backup your phone whit google account and download your photos to your computer

For easy backup use Asus data transfer app

A few times i use a google back up for contacts and call history or the best back up is if you have other phone to backup everything on it make the downgrade and after this transfer the data again

View post
Also, my second phone isn't Asus's and i can't seem to choose on it "New phone" only old phone so i can't backup to him.