This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification panel broken after 31.1010.0410.61 update on Zenfone 8 Android 12

kwei88
Star II
After 31.1010.0410.61 update, my notification panel breaks if i do anything with it - toggle dark theme, swipe up to hide it, and it becomes black screen with white lines around the screen(See attached image). I
have to turn the screen on and off several times to get it back to normal. Please fix ASAP.
35 REPLIES 35

Ollandos
Star III
photo-2022-05-20-15-55-54.jpg
photo-2022-05-20-15-55-59.jpg
The problem is still there οn .72 when using Greek but it goes away when using English

frantsy
Star III
very strange then. in my case, the problem happens in Engish but goes away with Chinese

th_besch
Rising Star I
Same problem with German language. Just a guess, but I think the language is not necessarily the cause...

frantsy
Star III
Found a solution. Just set to a smaller font size then the problem is gone!!!
So, apparently, the panel is having problem to display "Your prersonal profile is connected to xxxxxxxx" (where xxxxxxxx is your VPN name) if it is too long.. As I mentioned before, it works ok on landscape mode and sometimes in other languages, but people here is having different results with the same landguage. So I suspected it is related to the string length of this message.
Would ASUS moderator @Gustav_ASUS help to follow up with your development team?? many thanks.

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
I've already report it in my thread but Asus mods just leave it without comment.
Issue persist while VPN is connected. Easy to replicate by anyone.
Shame that Asus act like they don't see any issue.
Counting days when warranty will end. Zenfone can't be used normally as corporate phone.
Shame on you Asus