This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification panel broken after 31.1010.0410.61 update on Zenfone 8 Android 12

kwei88
Star II
After 31.1010.0410.61 update, my notification panel breaks if i do anything with it - toggle dark theme, swipe up to hide it, and it becomes black screen with white lines around the screen(See attached image). I
have to turn the screen on and off several times to get it back to normal. Please fix ASAP.
35 REPLIES 35

frantsy
Star III
kwei88

Just did and problem still persists 😞

I tap 'Scan cache', tap the 'Clean' button. Then I swipe down the notification panel to toggle dark theme, now I swipe up to hide it, and there's the dark screen again.

Please help. Been going on like this for days...

@Gustav_ASUS

View post
Do you have VPN enabled too? My problem happens only when VPN is enabled. So I suspect the phone does not display "... connected to ..." correctly. And this does not happen if the phone is rotated to landscape mode.

kwei88
Star II
frantsy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/213175#Comment_213175

Do you have VPN enabled too? My problem happens only when VPN is enabled. So I suspect the phone does not display "... connected to ..." correctly. And this does not happen if the phone is rotated to landscape mode.

View post
Yeah looks like it's the VPN. I have turned it off. Now so far I can't replicate the issue anymore. Thank you!

frantsy
Star III
So @Gustav_ASUS, we can reproduce the problem when VPN is enabled. Would Asus plesae fix this in the next firmware? thanks.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
That's an interesting turn of events. I'll send you instructions on how to generate a device log that I can pass on to the team. Check your Zentalk inbox.

frantsy
Star III
Got your instructions, but it's too much work for an end-user. Have you tried enabling VPN and see if you can replicate this problem first? At least a number of people in this forum experienced this since 31.1010.0410.61. And some have already posted screenshots like the one above. Please ask your development team to check and fix.