This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified/Resolved] Missing some notifications.

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Hello, everyone at ASUS and the Zenfone team.
Today, in here to report a bug or missing feature that has been around for quite some time now. Zenfone 6 is unable to show all types of app notification for some reason.
I've switched from my Galaxy S8 to the Zenfone 6 for a month now and I'm glad the system stability has improved dramatically faster, but this bug persist.
So what's the issue? Well, not all notifications are able to shown in the notification panel. For instance, yahoo mail app 2 steps authentication and all discord's notification. Also, some other apps from google play.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Zenfone 6 but this issue needs to be dealt with ASAP.
To clarify, I did not enable SUPER Clean mode so it shouldn't have happened.
Hopefully you guys could fix it in the next system update. Good day to you all.
6 REPLIES 6

TheCuriosCat
Star III
CH_ASUS

Hi

Auto-Start Manager under "Mobile Manager" will by default deny non-communication apps from auto-restarting.

You can disable this entirely - and/or manage app by app.

The reason for this is mainly two-fold;

1. Apps really love to restart themselves. Some for legitimate reasons , some simply "because". By denying apps to auto-restart , there can be some standby battery saved. The downside of this is of course what you are facing here- some apps arent sending notifications when you normally would expect them to.
  2. "China" apps. I use this term very broadly, but you can find this type of 'Auto start managers' in just about every phone from an asian/Chinese vendor - mainly because of the app-situation in China. As some may know, Google Play Store does not exist in China - as such there are a lot of competing app stores. Apps arent necessarily regulated in the same way that Google does. This leads to a lot of apps rampaging in the background, with huge battery drain as a result. So this is also why phones popular in Asia (more travels to China as well) generally have this function.

Now, granted, is there a better middle way? There could be - like suggested here - maybe a "friendly reminder" , for users to check. Or perhaps based on location set during the installation - the "automatically deny apps to restart" can be turned off?

From the community team here, we are well aware many of you want this feature turned off by default - or may even not acknowledge this as a feature. However our users span across the globe and this affects some more than others.

Either way , we are discussing this internally as well and hopefully there can be better changes for the future.

Thanks!

View post
Thank you very much for the clarification! ⊂(・ω・*⊂)

lucariello
Star II
Hi! I own a Zenfone 6 and, thanks to you, I've learnt how to use the Auto-Start Manager so I've solved two issues on three that I had, but also using it I have IFTTT that does not start at the boot: I have to launch the app manually. May you help me, please?
Thanks!