System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX325JA.309
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I inadvertently installed this PD firmware update (dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/UX425EA/PD_FWUpdater.exe) on my UX325JA after finding it on the support site and mistaking it with this model:
Zenbook 13 UX325 (11th Gen Intel)|Laptops For Home|ASUS Global
Now my battery is not working at all. Zenbook only works plugged in, battery shows constant charge of 26%. I want to revert back to the original PD firmware for UX325JA but I cannot find it on the support site for my actual model:
Zenbook 13 UX325|Laptops For Home|ASUS Global
 I tried numerous things to resolve this, using default bios, resetting os etc, but it seems I need the original firmware to resolve this. Please help. I see I am not the first person to experience this:
UX425JA Power Delivery Firmware — ZenTalk (asus.com)
It is unacceptable that ASUS provides software firmware updates that do not check for model compatibility. Now I have a useless laptop after one year since buying.
7 REPLIES 7

okna2003
Star III
patrykmonkey

The PD utility which asus provide for UX325EA/UX425EA CCG5FWUpdate.exe comes with a few options. I'm not sure if it actually did try to update the PD FW on my UX325JA since all that happens is that the laptop shuts down immediately when I run the install script (CCG5FWUpdate.exe /W_FW cfg_2.bin) . No output, laptop just shuts down. The only option that provide some output is /R_VER and I see PD_FW_Ver: 51 , is that the correct PD FW for UX325JA ? There's also an option to read the current PD FW binary, but it returns nothing for me. If someone with a working UX325JA can execute these commands, and recover the original FW binary please post here. Asus support is not able to help, even though it was their support site that provided this faulty software.

capture1-png.png

View post
Have you tried using the MyASUS app? It allows you to get the original BIOS from the asus website and use it.

patrykmonkey
Star I
Yes, I tried bios flash and windows clean install. It doesn't help because it's the USB type C port controller PD firmware chip that has issues, not the bios. The asus support site only has PD firmware for the EA models, not JA, and nobody at asus support can provide the original JA firmware. I will try to reseat the battery next. Not much else I can try anymore.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.